lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: 1990 DS Electric does not Respond to Accelerator

Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2015, 10:08 AM   #12
Rider248
Not Yet Wild

Alright, either I'm using the wrong meter or my cart is comatose. I don't have a 200v DC scale setting on my multimeter so testing is futile until I school myself on using the meter that I have. I've tried various settings and there's no clicking, nothing. However, this cart is 25 years old and the solenoid, FNR switch, V-glide and resistors look like they could use a break, so I'm thinking of replacing all of them.

Question, possibly should be in another thread: When operating on any incline the cart is extremely slow. It'll get there but very, very slowly. Will replacing the resistor coils improve this performance or am I wasting money? I have noticed that when climbing a hill or steep incline I can smell an odor of hot metal, and I know the resistors get very hot, but is it possible they're simply worn out?
Rider248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are many kinds of multimeters out there, You may have an auto ranging one.

Whatever setting You have for DC volts where You can measure the pack voltage is fine for the tests.

I understand the solenoid is not clicking, the tests on that post will tell you if the problem is the solenoid, the micro switch in the vglide or the micro switch in the FNR.

As far as your other problem, the Vglide wiper arm is either not getting to the last pad (alignment issue) or the pad is melted.

A bad coil will not cause that problem, but what You are smelling are the coils overheating from prolonged use since they are not being by-passed on pedal down.

The best solution for those Vglide systems is to bypass the Vglide entirely at WOT. You can get more info from the site I originally saw the idea:

Google: High step v-glide bypass

The first result is a pdf with instructions.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #14
Rider248
Not Yet Wild

Is there any way of bench testing a solenoid that has been removed from the cart?

I removed the solenoid after conducting the tests Sergio suggested with no results, but I would like to be certain that the solenoid is the issue. I know most parts can be bench-tested so I'm hoping that's the case with this one. Info would be appreciated. Hang with me folks, I'm old but I'm learning.
Rider248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:28 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a video crash test dummy previously posted about bench testing a solenoid:

Can you post some details about the results You got from the tests You have already done?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car