lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2015, 05:26 PM   #11
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Re: a New twist CC is running way high at idle

so I am actually going to let mine out to throttle down?
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #12
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that... but I'm thinking yes!

The less threads on the outside of the box, (to me?) would mean letting the throttle out.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #13
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

okay I tried that a little only seemed take away from top end..do you know off hand if the spring body is above the butterfly or should it be underneath. I think mine is actually rubbing the underside of that bracket
Old 11-25-2015, 05:45 PM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Don't worry about the top end just yet... there's a bunch of great ways to overcome that, let's get you down to an idle first!

If I remember correctly (from pulling my carb off more then 3 times... )
The return spring should be on top of the throttle link, and tying to the bottom of the shield. (just like the pic shows)
Old 11-25-2015, 05:59 PM   #15
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

well that's the way it is the spring, I will try again in the morning to bring it down with the cable adjustment and will post my results. Thanks for your help
Old 11-25-2015, 06:00 PM   #16
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Old 11-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #17
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Okay Mr Lockman I gave up trying to get it to throttle down I could only ever get it to a point but never near low enough to be safe for my daughter or even myself. I took it on a job today probably put 5+ hours run time really tried to beat the crap out of it just to see if I could get it to mess up never even hiccupped so I am satisfied. Ive included some pics of the final wiring job and I have went back to pedal just because of the throttle thing its not so bad now that the wiring is correct. If I have any issues it would be only 2, to pedal start I seem to have push it pretty far down before it starts but I think that has to do with me adjusting that cable, I think it still has to much slack and the second since changing that motor to a clockwise and being forced to run in reverse as forward I have lost like 8 mph and if you push it it will scream(I don't do this) I was wondering if changing gears to like an 8:1 would give me more top end at less RPM's? Any thoughts?

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg
Old 11-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #18
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Whew... okay... Well your on the right track!

Your right... the cable is a bit loose, and you can adjust the cable sheave a bit tighter so you have minimal play in the cable to the cam.
and again... your right! with the cart using reverse as forward, it WILL give you a lower top end! (because of the lower reverse gear ratio)

I apologize... your kind of far ahead, and I'm still trying to step back and figure out why your not down to close to an idle yet?
Right now... In my eyes...that's the initial goal! (low end)
the top end is easy, once you get the low end settings right!

I see that you've replaced the solenoid, It's not a stock CC solenoid, but it may be o.k.... Just as long as it's "continuous duty"!
(otherwise you'll have to replace it in a couple of weeks!)
Old 11-28-2015, 06:47 AM   #19
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Whew... okay... Well your on the right track!

Your right... the cable is a bit loose, and you can adjust the cable sheave a bit tighter so you have minimal play in the cable to the cam.
and again... your right! with the cart using reverse as forward, it WILL give you a lower top end! (because of the lower reverse gear ratio)

I apologize... your kind of far ahead, and I'm still trying to step back and figure out why your not down to close to an idle yet?
Right now... In my eyes...that's the initial goal! (low end)
the top end is easy, once you get the low end settings right!

I see that you've replaced the solenoid, It's not a stock CC solenoid, but it may be o.k.... Just as long as it's "continuous duty"!
(otherwise you'll have to replace it in a couple of weeks!)

It is absolutely heavy duty built for continuous use 100amps constant and 1000amps instantaneous , about $18. It is built for marine and golf carts with an overall 4.5 stars out of 5stars. I could never get the idle low enough I really think the issue is in the carb. I even tried different return springs 2 both shorter in length and they did bring the idle down but then the governor was un able to pull the butterfly to open when you tried to accelerate. I replaced both micros in the box didn't bother hooking up the shifter ones couldn't see the reason to. I am overall happy except for the speed and am still wondering if switching the gears to 8:1 would give me more top end and less RPM's when I get there in "reverse"
Old 11-28-2015, 08:11 AM   #20
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

With the lower reverse gear ratio, yes... 8:1 gears would defiantly get you back up to speed, with minimal affect to the torque.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car