lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #11
DareDog
Getting Wild

Now thinking it might be not the battery but charging the system. How would you test it to see if that's the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DareDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2016, 07:13 PM   #12
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Default Re: G16A Gas Motor Battery?

Simplest way is put your battery tester leads on the battery, set it to dc volts and read it. Then start it in neutral and watch the voltage reading as it's running. The higher the rpm you should be able to watch the voltage increase. I forget what the top voltage limit is but i would say in the neighborhood of 14 - 15 volts. Shouldn't go much higher than 14.5 volts
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:36 PM   #13
DareDog
Getting Wild

I went out one day and battery was dead it sat over night and past 2 days it started fine. Put charger on it and after little while it starts with charger on it. Took charger off and went to start it and nothing.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:42 PM   #14
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Sounds like the battery is no good.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure you check your cables and connections. Yamaha cam be infamous for bad connections making them look like a dead battery.

Yes check batt voltage, it should be 12-12.5v with a good battery, it should go higher at fast idle, up to near 14 range when you rev it up (in neutral or jacked up).
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:59 AM   #16
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i agree with sho;; as far as connections go. i hate the connectors that have the little plate with 2 bolts that press the plate down, i find it will bottom before you get a tight fit.. at farm and fleet you can buy a different connector,, it has 1 bolt through from top to bottom, i use 2 washers 1 on each side now just strip the wire and wrap around a screw driver to get the shape, now put it on and tighten it down, perfect connection. also they do have a small screw for your extra connects,, check your cart , i bet if you have the plate, you can wiggle your wires,, Steve
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I've had problems with my cables for years. Once I finish the current project the cart is going into the garage to get a new intake and carb. Another thing I will be doing is pulling the battery cables, going to farm place here and buying new cables complete with clamps and all. I could not get a good measure on them in the cart. I've had to file the posts and clamps out down to new metal to get them to work. I used a cleaner, they looked clean, but they didn't work. Nothing more fun than getting on the cart and hit the pedal and nothing happens...with a new battery in there.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:52 AM   #18
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yea, new cables with the ends on are a sure bet, the prob i found was the length. most places have them to long. wont hurt anything ,i just like them neat. and the price,, the 2 connectors are 3$, i think each cable is around 10$, thats 20, i went with the 3. but if you need wire also go
premade. steve
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #19
DareDog
Getting Wild

Found out battery was low on water. Filled it and Been on charger 2 days now. Drove it today. Reads 12 volts on battery. While running it reads 14 volts.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfishon View Post
yea, new cables with the ends on are a sure bet, the prob i found was the length. most places have them to long. wont hurt anything ,i just like them neat. and the price,, the 2 connectors are 3$, i think each cable is around 10$, thats 20, i went with the 3. but if you need wire also go
premade. steve
The farm supply place here has a bunch of lengths, we will see. Someone like napa can usually get them too. I will post when I get to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDog View Post
Found out battery was low on water. Filled it and Been on charger 2 days now. Drove it today. Reads 12 volts on battery. While running it reads 14 volts.

That sounds good! That is what it should show far as charging.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha