lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #1
hertge
Not Yet Wild

Default rear springs

Just bought a 2015 g29 and putting on a rear seat. My question is do I have to upgrade to the heavy duty springs or can I get by with the stock shocks and springs?
hertge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: rear springs

Realy depends on use and weight of rear passangers. I would try it stock, if you don't like the ride/stability...get the HD springs. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Old 01-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you are going to carry full sized adults on the rear of the cart there is no way you can get by without the heave duty spring on the rear. Even with just small kids on the back the cart will not be as safe or stable without the heavy duty springs on the rear. After you install the rear seats and before ordering the heavy duty springs put your foot on the corner of the foot plate and pull yourself up on the rear deck. What will happen is the front tire on the opposite side will come off the ground. Going down the road with four adults it will be hard to hole the cart on the road. I have installed both styles of heavy duty springs; the ones where you have to have a shop press or a spring compressor and the ones from Jake’s where you can remove the spring with a screwdriver. With the Jake’s spring, to install it you just slip the spring over the shock reinstall the keeper at the top of the spring assemble and then install two half ring spacers at the bottom of the spring, the easiest by far. Good Luck.

Robert
http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...g14-up%29/6280
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #5
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I put the jakes springs on mine.. made a big difference..

I did see a post on where someone used springs from Mc Master carr.... about 1/3 the price but picking the right tension spring to match the Jakes replacement was the question.

good luck
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #6
hertge
Not Yet Wild

Got the back seat on and I guess its coming back off. The heavy duty springs are a must. The back seat alone sagged the back. This should be part of the rear seat kit stock are way to soft to haul anything. Thanks for the replies.
hertge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:52 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hey, if you buy Yamahas OEM 4-pass kit for $1300 (fits new Drives, aftermarket kit costs half as much), it comes with springs/shocks. The aftermarket kits dont cost as much because they dont come with as much, or integrate as nicely. If anyone made a rear seat kit that fit as nicely as a OEM kit & included new rear springs & bolted into pre-existing holes & used the stock rain gutters & had a long top & had....... , everyone would bitch about the price....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha