lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 03 Club Car - OBC, Charger or other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogleg69 View Post
Thank you very much. Would you recommend relay and OBC or a new DPI charger that I have read so much about?
DPI Chargers are great. However, you may want to replace the relay in your current charger and see if you can manually get it to energize by doing the test that Sergio told you to try. If you can make the charger work, you'll have a good working charger that you can sell and make some of the money back from the purchase of your DPI.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2016, 08:52 AM   #12
dogleg69
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for all the help. Something was not sitting right with me with the crazy readings. The drop from 46v to 34v at the receptacle and the way the charger readings were based on the diagnostics suggested here were not adding up to me. Especially bypassing the OBC and the charger still not coming on.

So, I decided to test continuity between the receptacle and the yellow fuse cap. Failed. I start wiggling the gray wire and it gently comes out the back of the receptacle. I take off the receptacle and take it apart.

I soldiered it back on. However, the nuts on the back of the fuse were a bit rusted. This caused one end of the fuse to snap. Thankfully it did it a the soldier joint and there was enough to heat it an attach it back.

Put everything back together. Took reading at receptacle and it went from 34.5v to 46.5v (which was the same as the battery pack). Plugged in the charger and it started charging.

Thank you for all the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File_000.jpg (158.4 KB, 0 views)
dogleg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:40 AM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Glad you found it. That's what I was talking about in Step 2 of the diagnostic procedure.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #14
dogleg69
Not Yet Wild

You are correct. I really thought I did that (and maybe I did). Since there is that little green seal/stopper around the gray wire, I don't think I pulled on it hard enough. It had enough resistance I just didn't pull it through.

But the second time gently pulling on it I guess worked it far enough out that it fell out.

Thank you SO much again. I would not have found it without your help and encouragement.
dogleg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:37 AM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

No problem.

Tags
charger not working, obc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car