lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #11
johneich
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help! All new or rebuilt, no start, pulling my hair out and I do not have much ha

I have the valves adjusted to .004, put in a new plug, sometimes it starts and dies, sometimes it tries to start and sometimes it just turns over.

Here is a video of my spark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r85qnWvHTig

Here is a video of my fuel flow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfleKPZnRE4

Here is a video of my last attempt to start, I do not know what to check next, since it starts sometimes it must be mostly right? What am I missing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeHLzoObF18
johneich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #12
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Help! All new or rebuilt, no start, pulling my hair out and I do not have much ha

Did you check compression again after the valve adjustment? Beings they are that far off less than a year after a rebuild I might question the quality of work on the rebuild IV seen them run for years and still be within spec
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #13
johneich
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I did another compression check, still at 145 and I left it and walked away for a bit, when I came back it was still holding 145. It is a Harbor Freight tester so we might have to give it a +/- of 50 pounds or so :) Not much to question on the rebuild, I have had it for six months since getting it back from them, I do not think they will do anything for me and they told be they could not bore it again. It is a large cart business and they have been around for awhile. It is 1-1/2 hours away so I do not plan to take it back to them at this time.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Will it start on starting fluid?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 03:07 AM   #15
johneich
Not Yet Wild

Starting fluid makes no difference
Old 01-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #16
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Crank the engine over while pulling the choke. Remove the spark plug and check for wetness of fuel.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #17
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Try pulling fan shroud off and look at the fly wheel make sure it didn't shear the key and throw off the timing of the spark. About the only thing I can think of
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #18
johneich
Not Yet Wild

I like to follow up on my threads so that a future reader will know how this turned out.

It turned out to be the vacuum hoses, the bottom one was barely attached, I replaced them all and it is running fine now. The hoses were all brittle, I would have thought the rebuilder would have replaced them but I guess I got what I asked for, a rebuilt engine.

John
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha