lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2017, 07:53 AM   #11
EZGoinPa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 EZGO TXT PDS Motor Issues

Thank you very much, I will check all the internal connections to see what is going on inside before I look at having to run out and buy a new motor.
EZGoinPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #12
EZGoinPa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the information. I will check the internals of the motor. I am hopeful that i might find something like the brushes or the holder to repair as compared to having to replace the whole motor.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #13
EZGoinPa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

On a side note, since I will have the motor apart to investigate, should I look at replacing the commutator bearing if I can salvage the motor (if the whole motor needs replaced, then obviously not). The motor is about 10 years old.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #14
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

yes
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #15
EZGoinPa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, thanks. Going to tear into it tomorrow morning. Thanks for all the info.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #16
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

if you can get a hybrid type bearing(ceramic ball/steel race) it might best...
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:16 AM   #17
EZGoinPa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, after disassembly and inspection, there was severe corrosion inside the motor: the commutator had a lot of rust in the ribbing between all of the copper strips, the brushes were in good shape except the brackets had corrosion which prevented the brushes from moving freely and contacting the commutator, and it looks like it arced between one of the brushes and the commutator melting and bubbling several of the copper strips. After having two motor rebuild companies examine it, it is proving more cost effective to replace it as compared to rebuild ($400+ for rebuild). Ordering a new motor, but should there be a gasket between the motor and the rear axle assy. to prevent internal corrosion within the motor? I do not see anything on the parts breakdown. I am considering applying a light coat of silicon or gasket sealant as a precaution to prevent dirt/excess moisture from getting into the motor. Any thoughts?
Old 05-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Considering that there are 4 threaded mounting holes at 90° intervals on the motor case face and there are 6 holes through the mating surface on the differential spread unevenly over about 270° of arc and only 3 mounting bolts can be used, plus the slightly recessed seal on the intermediate gear shaft bearing, it might be difficult to seal.

Other than using some anti-seize stuff on the spline coupling, I never heard of anything else being used when installing a cart motor, but it probably would hurt anything unless it had an adhesive fact that would glue the motor in-place.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:48 PM   #19
EZGoinPa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok, I was just curious about trying to prevent any excess corrosion to occur with the new motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO