lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #1
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Leaving the EZGO ranks

First I want to thank all of you on this forum. Before I joined I was a cart idiot. After reading thousands of posts here and asking what seems like a thousand questions, I'm still a cart idiot. But I have the bug!

I love how easy (and relatively inexpensive compared to other drive systems) my Series TXT is to work on and upgrade, but have never been satisfied with the ride quality. I seriously considered getting an RXV, but they are way to expensive to upgrade. It seems like all of my friends' Club Car DS's ride so much better than TXT's (my golf course has TXT's exclusively for its fleet carts so I've had a lot to compare with) so I took the plunge and bought a 99 48v Series DS cheap (with good batteries).

Here come the mods (and there goes my money) - gonna try to get similar performance from the Club Car that I currently have with my TXT, but am not going the high-speed gear route, instead opting for a Plum Quick Rattlesnake Motor that Plum Quick says will give me a ton of torque and 30 mph with same wheel/tire combo I have on my TXT and new 500 amp Alltrax, SD Solenoid, and HD F&R (courtesy of ScottyB). Going to keep the TXT until I've finished the DS build. For those of you on this forum that also have CC's I've got a build thread on the CC Forum.

Once again thanks to all of you who have helped/chimed in.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Leaving the EZGO ranks

Traitor! Just kidding. Best of luck with your build!
DubK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO