lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #1
keltner52
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring issue

I have a 1995 medalist 36v and two wires are off and I can't find where they go. One is the green wire from the ignition key switch and the other is a small black wire coming off the right side of the solenoid. Any help or diagrams for me to reference?
keltner52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltner52 View Post
I have a 1995 medalist 36v and two wires are off and I can't find where they go. One is the green wire from the ignition key switch and the other is a small black wire coming off the right side of the solenoid. Any help or diagrams for me to reference?
is your cart a SERIES drive cart or a SEPEX drive cart....the wiring diagrams are different.

HOWEVER...considering the colors and where you have them, I am betting you have a SERIES drive cart.....the green wire from the key switch should go to the microswitch in the pedal box...and the small black wire on the solenoid should go to the B- on your controller.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
keltner52
Not Yet Wild

Ok my green wire that comes off the key switch comes down and ties into a green wire from the Accelerator wiring harness . The two wires and tied together and they have a plug on them as if it should plug onto one the the switches on my F/R panel. The other wire being blue from the key ignition switch goes to one switch on the F/R panel. So I assumed the green wire plugged on as well just can't tell where.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:03 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltner52 View Post
Ok my green wire that comes off the key switch comes down and ties into a green wire from the Accelerator wiring harness . The two wires and tied together and they have a plug on them as if it should plug onto one the the switches on my F/R panel. The other wire being blue from the key ignition switch goes to one switch on the F/R panel. So I assumed the green wire plugged on as well just can't tell where.
NOPE......the green wire doesn't got to the F&R switches.....I wish I was at the house at the moment, but I'm not. I will look as soon as I get home to be 100% sure where it connects.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Ok......on your controller you have an in-line connector with 4 wires, a WHITE, BLACK, ORANGE, AND RED wires. the orange wire goes straight to the microswitch on the F&R. the RED wire goes to the small post on the solenoid... then you have a RED wire coming from that same post, along with the WHITE, BLACK, wire that came from the controller and the GREEN WIRE that came from the KEY SWITCH. all of which come together in a 4 wire connector......the other side of that connector with the white, black, red and green wires go to the pedal box.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:40 AM   #6
keltner52
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so I checked and my wires are correct.
Question following that up. Should have have voltage on both sides of my sole solenoid big posts?

And I checked voltage on green wire to pedal microswitch and it's correct but when I push the pedal it's only sending out .9 volts, does that mean it's bad?

I assume that is not engaging the solenoid and that's why it's not clicking.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO