lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2017, 09:31 PM   #1
gofast67
Gone Wild

Default 2008 Precedent running issue

Hello BGW friends. I have come across on a deal for 3 2008 Precedents. Only problem is all 3 carts do the same thing. When you hit the pedal the solenoid clicks, but won't move. When you cycle the pedal 3 or 4 times then it will run as long as you stay on the pedal. If you let off it does it again. I did notice when you hit the pedal the solenoid fires and almost releases at the same time. I have tried a new mcor, but it does the same thing. Voltage is at 50.7 has anyone dealt with this issue?? Thank you in advance.
gofast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Precedent running issue

I have. Bypass the OBC on one of them and see if it runs. Unplug the six pin connector from the back of the OBC and jump the white wire to the blue wire on the side of the connector that goes to the main vehicle harness and see if it makes a difference.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #3
gofast67
Gone Wild

Ok I will try that. Also I didn't put it in the first post, but the company who is selling these carts told me quiet a ways back that someone put a computer on it and it said HPD as a fault code.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #4
gofast67
Gone Wild

Ok I did the bypass. It works some what, but you have to push the pedal real slow. Also it will activate the solenoid then it drops out and then reactivates and runs. Never seen a solenoid do that. Also if I just the pedal down a lil faster it will fit solenoid and drop out and won't run. This is strange.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #5
gofast67
Gone Wild

i. . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car