lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2018, 08:37 AM   #11
kos
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Intro- G9 about to get a 420 swap

So I now have the 420cc predator from HF, ordered the tapered sleeve, motor mount, alt bracket, the bracket for lifted carts and a new exhaust from vegas carts that should all be here today. I am going to start on the build this weekend hopefully.

I need to pull the clutch off tonight. Why do you guys say be careful on the clutch?

Maybe I havent read enough on that one yet. I was going to cut the crank shaft down and slide the taper piece on and just reuse my stock one. I am not looking at doing anything to the motor itself to make it faster, I am really just looking for a solid running cart now.
kos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #12
kos
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwondering View Post
kos --
I took a road trip from north east Texas to Meridian this week I found out they local boys got that freaking mad bomber in Pfluegerville. Congrats on that. Sorry you had to deal with that.

I converted my G9 to a 420 Lifan from Home Depot.
Decided to buy a new clutch so I wouldn't have to cut up the existing cart. I came to that decision cause I wasn't sure I would like the new engine/speed and wanted the option of going back to stock.

I also read several threads on here about staying with the old clutch or going with the new one. Seemed to me like getting a new one is more plug and play. Staying with the old one means cutting (which sounds like something you'd be able to do) but also you'd want to check the internals on the clutch and probably rehab. That means you are still spending money, just on different parts.

You'd be able to recoup some of your investment by selling your old engine parts - muffler, airbox, etc.

I did try the vegas airbox-flat one in black. Didn't like it. No matter what I do it obstructs the shock and already has a spot of pretty black paint rubbed off. The Vegas Carts guys are wonderful to work with so this is probably an issue with the owner of the cart and her limited knowledge of how to futz with things. LOL

I also replaced the stock carb with a more easily adjustable carb from Vegas Carts and really glad I did.

Lots of build threads on the Clone Swap forum
Yeah that bombing thing was stupid. Glad it is over, just found out one of the kids I coached in football, his father was part of the swat team or something that was on the scene when he blew himself up. wow.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #13
kos
Not Yet Wild

This is my rig that I will be swapping the motor on.

We ended up picking this one up as well. But it runs well so no motor swap on this one.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:49 AM   #14
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

I'm jealous of your first rig and he pipes holding up the roof.
That is totally awesome.

I just bought the square aluminum tubing from Home Depot and a $25 ez-go plastic roof so at least have something over my head on my cart.

Its a farm thang anyhow.

Would you post some more pictures of how that tubing is connected to the body and the roof? Bracing and what not.
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:52 AM   #15
kos
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwondering View Post
I'm jealous of your first rig and he pipes holding up the roof.
That is totally awesome.

I just bought the square aluminum tubing from Home Depot and a $25 ez-go plastic roof so at least have something over my head on my cart.

Its a farm thang anyhow.

Would you post some more pictures of how that tubing is connected to the body and the roof? Bracing and what not.
Sure thing. The cart isnt at my house so I will be at our place this weekend and I will get some pics for you then.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:57 PM   #16
kos
Not Yet Wild

I am trying to get the bolt off the crankshaft, but it is seized on or i am doing something wrong.

I have tried electric and air impact, short cheater bar and it won't budge. This isn't a reverse thread by chance is it?

Tried a little transmission oil and acetone mix and let is soak a bit and nothing. Any tips would be appreciated!

And ugh, sorry I forgot to snap some pics!
Old 04-07-2018, 04:31 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Bolt through the clutch? That one is definitely regular direction.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #18
kos
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Bolt through the clutch? That one is definitely regular direction.

Yup thats the one. I guess I need to maybe see if I need to heat it up. Wonder if someone put some red loctite on it or something.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #19
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

kos -
no problems been too dang cold to do anything this week.

my bolt came out with very little effort.

JW
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha