lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
Rogerbishop
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G8 once started will not shut off

I have a Yamaha G8 that once started will not shut off even turning key off unless disconnect battery wiring appears to me that throttle pedal only supplies 12 volts to solenoid to start car my question is what shut the engine off once pedal is released
Rogerbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G8 once started will not shut off

Check the micro switch under the peddle make sure it's not sticking if you have a meter test it for continuity with the peddle released also iv seen bad voltage regulators back feed the system with same and turns motor over until you unhook the battery if both those check out try lightly tapping on the solenoid it could be stuck
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It happened on mine... then, a bit later, it started to stop working when hot. The second trouble was clearly to change the ignition coil and both troubles were solved!
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:05 PM   #4
Rogerbishop
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks very much for the information pretty sure it's the voltage regulator when I unplugged the regulator it starts and shuts off like it should also check voltage when running with the regulator doesn't appear to be charging red 12.5. Volts
Rogerbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'd stick with an OEM voltage regulator when you buy a new one the aftermarket isn't worth the money you save
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I forgot to say I observed the same but my VR was a brand new one and I also thought the same. To "cheat", I even installed a relay to cut the regulator when the ignition was off. All was ok until a bit later, the ignition started its game. When later I changed it, I removed the relay as it was not doing it anymore at all... for almost two years now!

At the time, I was quite frustrated as I succeeded to find the "old type" VR, the adjustable one. I was quite afraid it was related, without understanding the why... anyway. As I was seeing in real time the voltage, all was ok about the values. I even changed the software to record it every 1.5 second. This being said, I installed the relay to quickly solve the "non stop" trouble and keep the adjustable VR doing its work as I ABSOLUTELY wanted (limit to 14.5V).

Now, I suspect, IMHO, it could be a sign of a "soon to come" coil but can be wrong. Just my experience...
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha