lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Brake testing

My carts motor brake is stuck. Thank you for reading in advance. I have 50 volts at the brake , Also the coil of the brake checks out at 25.5 ohms. I tested the voltage in tow mode. The only thing I can tell you is , while pushing on the cart simultaneously switching to tow mode the brake releases for a second. I hear two clickes while doing this procedure.
george lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #2
The Big Guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Brake testing

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I am having similar symptoms.

50 at brake when emergency tow mode is engaged (through auxiliary power line), otherwise no voltage at brake.

When I switch to normal tow mode (with primary power line hooked up) I can push it for a second, then brake clamps down again.

Would love to know what was final verdict for you.
The Big Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Likely motor encoder problems for that one. Probably bad encoder, or acid corrosion in the wire harness.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
The Big Guy
Not Yet Wild

I am hoping for a brake pedal harness problem. I ran the Brake Pedal Test on page 42 of the trouble shooting guide. I couldn't really see across which wires they were measuring the impedance (looks mostly like red and red, but that seems counter intuitive to me). So I ran it across all of them.

Cart in TOW mode (normal tow mode with switch, not emergency tow mode switching power line harnesses)
Ignition in Neutral
Positive in Left Red, Negative probe in other red: 2X Ohms (pulsing)
Positive in Left Red, Negative probe in middle black: OL
Positive in Left Red, Negative probe in right hand black: OL

All read OL after pushing the brake pedal past 90%.

I think I am supposed to have the 0-0.1 impedance from red to black before I hit brake pedal, is that correct?
The Big Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO