lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #1
AprilV
Not Yet Wild

Default Best buggy for the farm?

Any recommendations for a farm buggy? Our land is 15 acres, pretty flat, mostly pasture, but it's not as smooth as a golf course. LOL I have arthritis so I will be getting on and off as I do chores at various locations around the place. In other words I wouldn't just be driving it to the back and walking all over the place. Also, it would be in use almost every day. Thanks in advance!
AprilV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Best buggy for the farm?

Older Club Car DS is my choice. Been super handy the past year on our 450 acres. Runs every day. Now since you have aches and pains, probably a lifted buggy is not in your plans, but with some good ag style boots she should go pretty much anywhere you need to go. What do you raise or grow might I ask?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Good advice. Dundee is our resident "farm expert."
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:36 PM   #4
bbriggs
Not Yet Wild

I bought a Club Car carryall 2 some years ago to get me around the farm and I think it was the best thing I ever did. Easy to get in and out of, and I can haul the tools and materials I need. For bigger loads I pull a 4'x8' trailer. I even use it for rock-picking the fields; drive around, lean over, pick the rocks up and throw them in the bed without getting out.

Wife needed one too so we picked up a Carryall 550 lifted version this year. A little harder to get in and out of, it handles the bumpy fields a little better.

Both of them are electric with plenty of power for steep hills, loads of run-time, and 4 wheel brakes.
bbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:50 PM   #5
AprilV
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone! :-) Right now we are transitioning to that new area. Hope to raise a few sheep, maybe a calf or two and some chickens. It's all in coastal hay right now.. we are in Central TX.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbriggs View Post
I bought a Club Car carryall 2 some years ago to get me around the farm and I think it was the best thing I ever did. Easy to get in and out of, and I can haul the tools and materials I need. For bigger loads I pull a 4'x8' trailer. I even use it for rock-picking the fields; drive around, lean over, pick the rocks up and throw them in the bed without getting out.

Wife needed one too so we picked up a Carryall 550 lifted version this year. A little harder to get in and out of, it handles the bumpy fields a little better.

Both of them are electric with plenty of power for steep hills, loads of run-time, and 4 wheel brakes.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:57 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Look at my avatar. I echo everything bbriggs says. Mine is a gasser. Works for everything you need. Just decide the way you want to go. Gas or electric.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:28 PM   #8
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

AprilV,

You will need to determine your requirements prior to selecting the best cart for your application, for instance:

1) New or Used?

2) Gas or Electric? (won't even mention diesel ... but that too is an option)

3) How much do you want to spend?

4) Passenger requirements - driver only, driver + 1 passenger or more?

5) Load Capacity - being a farm cart, I assume you will need a box on it for hauling "stuff". What "stuff" are you hauling? A bale of hay (60 lbs). Two bags of feed (100 lbs). A barrel of water (500 lbs). Two barrels of water (1000 lbs)?

6) Will this cart only be used on your property or do you require to drive it on the road (in which case it may need to be street legal)?

7) What maximum speed to you require - 10 mph is probably enough for "farm use" but if you want to drive it on the road, you might need a cart that is capable of 25 mph?

8 ) Trailer towing capability is always a good feature for a farm cart. Will you be towing a trailer?

9) What type of tires do you require - turf tires / road tires?

10) What options to you require - roof, windshield, fans, stereo, etc?

Lots to think about prior to getting some advice on a "farm cart" ... best to make a list of your requirements to get the best cart to match your needs.

Our farm cart has been a great addition to our "hobby farm" and gets used for lots of chores ... we used to use our quad a lot, but the cart is now the preferred vehicle of choice.

There is lots of cart experience here on BGW ... hopefully we can guide you in your selection.

Have a look at this thread on Work Carts ... it might give you some ideas: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...work-cart.html
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:52 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yep. All that too.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:27 AM   #10
AprilV
Not Yet Wild

THANK YOU! Three CW! That really helps me to think through everything. :-)
So: I am pretty sure I am looking for "used"... I want to keep it under 3K, is that possible?
1. Probably electric, since I don't think I would like the noise and smell of gas. Unless.. I can't get the job done with electric because the batteries won't last the day, Or it would cost me a lot more etc..
2. One driver and passenger, would like a bench seat.
3. Probably not more than two bags of feed. If it is more than that we'll use the truck.
4. I don't think I would be towing much... the truck or the tractor and wagon would do that job.
5. Have a gravel road I would possibly travel on, but not regular roads.
6. I want a roof, but don't want a windshield to clean. lol
So after all that do you all still think a Club Car is what I need? Is that better than an EZ-GO?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO