lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2018, 07:29 AM   #1
Ezgo0602
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 TXT Pedal Problem?

What’s up guys. This cart is driving me nuts, hope you guys can help. I have a ‘04 EZGO TXT Series Cart (F/R lever by my leg). 36V- batteries are new and strong. I’ve put a meter on everything, all looks good. Batteries read 6.7V, even under load. DVM reads 38V going into the controller. I’ve changed the solenoid, cables, batteries, inductive throttle sensor and microswitch.

So here’s my problem: I picked up this cart from a guy who was beginning to restore. Put fresh batteries in and she ran great...for a couple days. It would then lose power while riding and die; would have to push it back home (in neutral). Let it sit a day or so, and it would roll like normal again. It was parked and turned off after running all day (batts got a full charge mid day). Turned the key and hit the pedal to go- the cart jerked and wouldn’t move. Now when I turn the key and press the pedal, the solenoid clicks but no movement. If I MASH the pedal as hard as possible to the floor, the cart begins to roll at about 1mph. Which is why I thought it may be a magnetic issue with the plunger rod/ ITS under the floormat. Replaced the Inductive Throttle Sensor and microswitch, but still doing same thing. When I remove the ITS from its mounting position inside the pedal box, and manually slide it onto the pedal rod as far as it will go, the cart will increase to about 2-3mph. This is what lead me to believe it may be a pedal/ITS issue. Since I’ve already replaced the ITS, can it be a bad magnet on the accelerator pedal rod that enters the ITS hole? It’s so frustrating. I’m running out of options before bringing it to the shop! I am new here and have turned to you guys, as you are the pros. If anyone can please help, I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks!
Ezgo0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 TXT Pedal Problem?

well for starters....seeing as how the solenoid CLICKS....and you have replaced the microswitches, and still no go. to me it could be in the high current circuit. check all of the connections…..with a series cart, you also need to look at the F&R switch....if its getting worn, you may be losing contact intermittently. there is a 9/16" nut in the center, tighten it a little and see if you reestablish your GO.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #3
Ezgo0602
Not Yet Wild

BINGO! Tightened the nut on the F/R switch and sure enough, she took off! Only for a split second though, so going to break it down and clean it real good. Looks like I found my problem. Thanks!!!
Ezgo0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

if you find that its worn to bad to make it truly reliable. I highly recommend you buy a HD F&R from Cartsunlimited.net

#3 on the page below.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/f---r--switches.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO