lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Controller ID and help

Ok, sourced anoth cart yesterday. Its an 88. I knoew that the controller is an Alltrax and is either 300 or 400, but I cant find anything that says which one. Just wondering if its going to be any better than my stock controller off my 91. I know either one is a better setup than the 86 resistor technology. Just wondering which one is better, or if the alltrax can even be used, or if the parts can be i terchanged. Just tell me what Im looking at here.

First 3 are of my 91, and last two of the 88. Note how the 91 has 4 lugs on the controller and the 88 only has 3. Also, the solenoids look way different.

Again, just wondering what parts are better to use while I save up for my desired upgrades.
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller ID and help

Google found this:

https://www.evdrives.com/product_p/con-npx4834.htm
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think the Alltrax is 300 amp so probably a little more than yours but it is capable of 48 volts which yours most likely is not. There should be a label on your original controller but it is on the bottom the way it is mounted. Probably says 24-36v and the amp capacity. Likely 275 but could be 250 or 300 and 400 is possible but not likely if its the original controller.
The solenoid in your current cart appears to be better (higher capacity) than the one with the Alltrax.
The A2 lug on the controller was not used in all EZGO "series" carts. A 3 lug controller can be used with a small change in wiring. Do you have 2 wires attached to the A2 lug on your controller. One going from A2 to the motor and one going from A2 to the F/R switch?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The NPX4834 is the non-programmable version of the AXE. The numbers decode to: 24V-48V, 300A, short case.

The three terminal controller doesn't have the plug brake feature, which has little use in golf carts so it doesn't matter. Just connect the cable attached to the A2 terminal together or run a longer cable from the F/R switch to the motor.

The controller in the 91 cart is most likely a Curtis 1204. 24V to 36V or 36V to 48V depending on model number suffux - 275A

The solenoids are probably about the same rating (85A), so both are marginal for either controller.

Other than the 25A difference in peak amps, number of terminals and the way the solenoid looks, they are basically the same setup.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Very well done JohnnieB. We used to use a lot of the non-programmable and programmable AXE type controllers in the "ancient past" of solid state DC EVs. I still have some NOS (New Old Stock) units here, gathering dust. LOL
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:22 PM   #6
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #7
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, next question;

When upgrading this setup, is the potentiometer a reliable setup for running say a 500-600 amp controller setup with an aftermarket motor?

Im trying to save up for that type of upgrade, but I want to know everything I need in addition to the bundle I would purchase from ScottyB.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO