lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
TestPoint
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 gas just stops, no crank

A year or more ago my cart just stopped while driving for no apparent reason. Nothing happened when attempting to start it. By that I mean starter solenoid did not function, engine did not rotate. Found the fuse in the box blown. Never discovered a reason for the fuse to blow. Replaced and it has worked just fine since.

This past week it just stopped while driving with nothing happening when throttle applied. A couple minutes later when I finished scratching my head it started and has run for nearly a week without issue.

Yesterday it just died while driving and nothing happened with pedal start attempt. Came back with tools to remove box and found fuse intact, checked other connections, all tight.

After that examination it started right up and has been fine for a day.

I replaced the 20 year old ignition coil in the past 6 months but any issues in this area should not be connected to solenoid/starter not operating.

Gotta be a faulty connection from pedal micro switch to solenoid or from battery to solenoid. Been through them once. Anyone recognize these symptom?
TestPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2018, 06:20 PM   #2
greenskeeper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 gas just stops, no crank

check that you have battery voltage at the S/G with the pedal depressed. If so you've probably got to r/r the brushes.
greenskeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha