lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2018, 08:31 AM   #1
bald347
Not Yet Wild

Default 09 TXT 36 volt will go and then stop???

I just spent 1200.00 on new DEKA batteries and a heavy duty solenoid and new cables. they also had to clean the brushes on the motor. What I'm experiencing now is the cart will go and then stop. It you press the pedal down two or three times it will go again. Is there some kind of switch on the pedal that I should replace. The shop says I might need new brushes on the motor?? Any ideas??
bald347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
bald347
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 09 TXT 36 volt will go and then stop???

Also, can anyone tell me how to get to the floor pedal switch?
Old 09-17-2018, 02:22 PM   #3
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The switch is in a box under the floor mat on the driver's side. You'll have to remove the running board in that side and peel the floor may up.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald347 View Post
I just spent 1200.00 on new DEKA batteries and a heavy duty solenoid and new cables. they also had to clean the brushes on the motor. What I'm experiencing now is the cart will go and then stop. It you press the pedal down two or three times it will go again. Is there some kind of switch on the pedal that I should replace. The shop says I might need new brushes on the motor?? Any ideas??
I've never heard of brushes being cleaned; only replaced. They're wear items. Also they're "in" not "on" the motor. If they cleaned your commutator, they would have had an opportunity to inspect your brushes. It isn't a "maybe" type thing. They either have life or they don't. It's simply a matter of measuring them. If somehow the brush holder got out of whack, I'd suspect the folks who "cleaned your brushes".
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:04 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

To follow up, I wouldn't trust the shop. Symptoms of bad brushes are usually, you roll the cart a few inches in either direction, and it works. Brushes don't care - or even know - whether you press the throttle one time or one hundred. Symptoms lead to an intermittent switch.

Usually, if you have a bad connection, you have to wiggle something to make it work or not. If all you did was press the throttle, it's "almost" certainly the only switch you were "wiggling", the throttle MS.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #6
bald347
Not Yet Wild

That's kinda what I was thinking. Thanks for all the replies. I will check the micro switch. It sux to take your golf cart to the shop and 1200 dollars later its still doing a similar thing. I guess we will see if these DEKA batteries last the 7 years that they are claiming.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:32 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Minimum wage kid?
Old 09-19-2018, 07:28 AM   #8
bald347
Not Yet Wild

No, the shop I use has helped me in the past. He even told me if the cart stopped to roll it a foot to see if it starts again which would indicate motor brushes problems. It doesn't seem to be doing that. I have known the guy for 10 years and like I said he has actually given me things in the past but dang, I feel like I'm paying for it now.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:43 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Right answer regarding brushes. Change the throttle MS.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:22 AM   #10
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm dealing with a very similar issue right now. Don't forget to check the pedal box plug at the controller. When mine would stop, I could grab that plug in my hand and squeeze it and the cart would run again. Let it go and it would stop. Short in the plug. I had tested the pedal switch a 1000 times and was positive it worked, but I was unplugging it from the wiring harness and checking the pins with a meter. The problem was the actual plug.
MPrimeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO