lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #21
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2016 ITS plunger adjustment

Just emailed Alltrax. Also found a post response from Scotty where he talks about the controller taking a few tries to average out to 100%. The OP had the same issue as me. I guess I might need to run the cart more and see if it goes to 100. We will see what Alltrax says.
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Like I said, I'm just going off of what I found, and trying to read between the lines. When you click, "Clear Auto-Cal", based on the last post I sent, "The bottom left corner of the window will indicate Auto Cal Cleared", which to me could indicate it's not instantaneous, and will tell you when it's finished. They further go on to say to play with the throttle, evidently while still on the same page - with rears up on jack stands?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:42 PM   #23
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Yeah I waited until it showed clear as well. I think based on Scotty's earlier post the Alltrax takes a while to learn the throttle limits. I just ran the cart some more down the street and I am back up to 95% throttle. I'll post the response from Alltrax if I get one and what my results are after running the cart more. Either way unless I get a super OCD rod up my butt I am not trying to adjust the ITS plunger again. Removing my diamond plate rockers is too much of a hassle. I did do some research and found my proper cam, plunger assembly and throttle rod. I now believe the built in nut on the cam is the locking nut that needs to be loosened. Once you loosen it then you have to get a good grip on the plunger while moving the sleeve out of the way. The description used in the manual may have been carried over from prior carts but the parts are different in my 2016. In the past the plunger and cam were a single complete assembly with a locking grub screw. Mine has a threaded cam, plunger, and sleeve that fits over the plunger. Loosening the nut at the pedal yoke isn't going to help you adjust anything, all it does is increase or decrease spring pressure on the pedal.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #24
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Well I got 2 responses from Alltrax. The first was verbal and they suggested I adjust the throttle curve to make 95% of pedal travel 100% of speed. The other was via email and they stated that sometimes Ezgo's can have interference "noise" that will impact the throttle setting. They offer a capacitor to fix this. As my cart is plenty fast at 95% (I had to reduce speed through toolkit already) I am just gonna leave it alone. Maybe it will adjust itself based on prior responses in historical threads here (they suggest a 20 minute drive with varying throttle to full).
Old 01-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Doh! I forgot, there was a recent thread where the OP had to install a filter capacitor to fix the noise on his. Even if you don't need it, I'd go ahead an install one. Who knows, it may get worse. Contact Alltrax or the seller offlist.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO