lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
95mmrenegade
Not Yet Wild

Default Rxv extended roof options

Looking at the factory and aftermarket extended roofs that are available. Are any better or more durable. Dealer only like the units with a metal surround .
95mmrenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rxv extended roof options

I have two carts. One has the factory long top with the metal (aluminum) surround. It is 19 years old. No issues but the cart has always been garaged. The other has a Double Take long roof. New in '16. No issues with it either but obviously not very old yet. The Double Take feels more sturdy to the touch but this is subjective and may have more to do with its mounting method.

Observations: The Double Take mounting system to the windshield frame is much better that the other. Rear is basically the same. The Double Take comes with the metal (aluminum) rails around the top but on the inside. These rails are grooved and ready to accept sunbrella or similar side curtains (enclosure) if you choose to get them now or in the future. Installation,or removal, is easy.

One last weird thing. I don't have enclosures on either of these carts. If I get caught out in the rain, I will get a little wet on the cart with the factory top. But on the cart with the Double Take top I stay pretty dry. I have no explanation for this. Neither top has any sort of water channel system nor are they advertised to have any sort of water control design. Like I said--weird.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rxv extended roof options

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95mmrenegade View Post
Looking at the factory and aftermarket extended roofs that are available. Are any better or more durable. Dealer only like the units with a metal surround .
Never used a factory top. Have installed both the 80" Double take and the other common 84" triple track aftermarket top (mfg part #26-103 or 26-104).

Both seem to be good tops. One issue on all of these is the rear struts and rear seat.

If you do not have a double take brand rear seat, you will use universal candy cane rear struts and you will have to fit and drill yourself.

If you use the 84" aftermarket top AND you have a GTW or MJX seat (or clone) you can order rear struts designed to fit your top and seat. The candy cane struts are fine, but to me the other struts look much better on the RXV and are much easier to install.

Post what brand rear seat you have, if you know, and I will let you know what struts work if I can. Picking the struts can be kind of tricky.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO