lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default RV battery help

Can somebody tell me what voltage this battery is I got a new camper it came with three of them and they’re only reading 5.7 V
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4F22ED83-18C2-4548-9E2E-4DB725A4E343.jpg (228.4 KB, 0 views)
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RV battery help

It's a 12V deep cycle marine battery. You can see Exide info here:https://assets.academy.com/mgen/20/10782820.pdf

We used to have a large 5th wheel RV. Our batteries powered a 120V AC inverter in addition to all of the 12V lights etc. Whenever we forgot to turn the inverter off it would discharge those batteries quickly.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:36 AM   #3
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you I am thinking of going with one battery 12v inverter and solar panel to keep it charged
Old 03-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Group 27 deep cycle. If you have the room consider the 29 or 31. Same widths but get longer.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Like they said, that's a 27 size 12v. That's on the small end for a deep cycle battery. If you have room, jump up to 29 or 31 size.
Have talked to a lot of people about Marine/ RV batteries for troller motors, and a lot of boat guys say the Walmart brand Marine Deep cycle batteries are really good, and much cheaper than other brands, and have a two year warranty.

That said, if you want the best quality/ lifespan, don't use a marine battery for an RV house battery. The main reason is most marine batteries are also meant for cranking purposes so the plate structure is made to deliver high amps for starting, but also have some ability to handle a long slow discharge. For most RV house batteries you don't need the ability to start an engine (generator starters don't usually draw that much power). Using a battery that is designed primarily for true deep cycling (long slow discharge rates) will get you longer battery run times, and longer service life.

Trojan and Crown make some nice batteries specifically for RV use.
True Deep cycle batteries for solar/wind power storage are usually the most expensive, but the higher end brands are sometimes able to last 15 years or longer. Fullriver and Surrette/Rolls for example.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Agreed. If you go the 29 or 31 route make sure to get the deep cycle version not the starting or combo.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:30 PM   #7
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok so what can I do with the old batteries are they worth anything can I take them to auto zone or advanced auto.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car