lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2020, 07:54 PM   #1
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Slowwwwww RXV

My neighbor just bought a 2011 RXV with 2019 Crown Batteries. The dealer he bought it from told him it was "Freedom Speed IIRS". Not sure what IIRS is but the cart tops out at like 13mph. Torque is significant but the speed cuts off about 3-5 seconds after flooring it. My other neighbor bought an rxv from the same guy that had "freedom speed and his does 23mph no matter what (Steep hills, downhill, flat..etc).

I feel bad because I told my neighbor to buy this cart thinking it would do at least 19mph (He's on 18" tires). Any guidance would be appreciated.
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Slowwwwww RXV

13 is not set to freedom speed. It may be unlocked, but it's not set to full speed if so.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know what controller he has but 13 mph isn't the full speed potential.

I have a 2010 RXV with the old Danaher controller and it tops out at 24.5 mph with 20.5" tires, so it sounds like the controller needs program changes.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:02 AM   #4
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I’m assuming you need a special programmer to turn it up?? The same guy plugged his programmer into the controller of my other neighbors ‘14 rxv but I believe his is the Curtis controller.
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

2008-early 2012 RXVs have Danaher controller. Mid 2012 to present have Curtis controllers.
Danaher cart requires a Danaher hand held scanner to unlock 19.6 mph on 18" tires. With 20" tires the cart will hit 22-24 mph.

Curtis RXVs have a 2 step process. Electronic key to unlock 17.5 mph and then curtis hand held to unlock the other 2 mph. In the end same performance either way.

Curtis RXVs have another option of a re program by a member here. This improves drive-ability and removes restrictions allowing speeds in excess of 30 mph on 20" tires. If you have any interest in this start a new thread.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO