lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2020, 10:19 PM   #1
CaptG
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 36 volt txt no forward

A friend went to run his 36 volt txt for first time this summer and cart only goes in reverse. Shift it to forward and reverse buzzer stays on and cart still goes in reverse. Turn key off and buzzer still buzzes. He had two of the six volt batteries wired to run radio and those two were at about 6 volts. I took them out and charged them and got all batteries to match voltage. Still constant buzzing from reverse alarm and cart only goes backwards even in forward. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
CaptG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2020, 11:19 PM   #2
AuburnDesigner
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 36 volt txt no forward

I would swear you were talking about me yesterday, but I know you are not because I don't have a buzzer.

I had the same issue on my TXT DCS. Reverse was Reverse, and Forward was Reverse. While on jack stands, I was able to notice that occasionally the solenoid would get extremely hot, and I would also have to turn on the maintenance switch and then turn it off to reset the controller.

First inspection I had was the F/R micro switches, but both checked out fine.

I pulled the Motor controller and got into the electronics and immediately noticed a blown resistor. I'm sure there is more wrong than just that resistor, as there appeared to be signs of over heating on other areas of the housing as well.

I think I am going to bite the bullet and just upgrade. Just have to decide what I need.
AuburnDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:54 PM   #3
CaptG
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 36 volt txt no forward

Thanks for reply. I got into it again today and discovered owner had apparently really strong armed the shifter and bent the linkage. Shifting was not able to move contacts out of reverse when shifting into forward. I disconnected batteries and straightened the linkage And readjusted shift lever. It is now working like it should.
CaptG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO