lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

Default Insight: 2016 Gas Precedent, pros/cons?

Hi, I'm looking at a 2016 gas precedent. Is this a troubled year/model or any bugs/variations I should be on the lookout for when I go see this cart?

Thanks!
ElDiabloJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #2
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Insight: 2016 Gas Precedent, pros/cons?

Joe if your looking at a 2016 it will be Subaru EFI . With that being said I personally have a 2015 and 2018 with the Subaru EFI engines. The Pros are 14HP tons of power , No choke to mess with, cheap to service (no oil filter) easy to turn up (more speed)
The cons are they can be very expensive if you ever have any ECU, fuel injector failures.
I've had great luck with mind and stay on top of things. The newer Club cars are using a Kohler EFI which have had a few bugs to work out. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a Kohler one day to compare. Good Luck !!
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #3
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaCart View Post
Joe if your looking at a 2016 it will be Subaru EFI . With that being said I personally have a 2015 and 2018 with the Subaru EFI engines. The Pros are 14HP tons of power , No choke to mess with, cheap to service (no oil filter) easy to turn up (more speed)
The cons are they can be very expensive if you ever have any ECU, fuel injector failures.
I've had great luck with mind and stay on top of things. The newer Club cars are using a Kohler EFI which have had a few bugs to work out. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a Kohler one day to compare. Good Luck !!
That's great intel FC, thank you!
ElDiabloJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #4
Jeanbeltran89
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 2016 Subaru with efi nothing but problems !!! May be the ECU but cant figure it out
Jeanbeltran89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 07:10 PM   #5
lklclubcar
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Insight: 2016 Gas Precedent, pros/cons?

is there a fuel filter or an air filter that is owner serviceable. i know there is no oil filter. btw - my car was reconditioned by a dealer, and it runs great.
lklclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car