lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020, 11:37 AM   #11
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid not engaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
.... Pin #5 was 0 no voltage. It has the OEM controller. Everything is stock.
I think controller pin #5 is supposed to have pack voltage, B+, on it to run.
When I deleted the OBC I had to connect the Light Blue to the White wire and I now use a smart charger.
The OBC normally supplies B+ to the controller pin #5 and pulls the voltage when charging.
The White wire comes from the Tow/Run switch and supplied B+ to the OBC.
By connecting the White to the Light Blue pin #5 gets B+ that is only switched off when the Tow/Run switch is in Tow.
As a test you could jumper B+ to pin#5, your OBC may be faulty.

Correction, my oops: On my first post I misread the problem and started talking about the Blue/White solenoid wire. You stated you tried connecting the Blue and White wires together in the 6 pin OBC connector. Does the White wire have 50.5v on it? If not, the White gets 50.5v from the Tow/Run switch when Tow is selected, but it goes thru a sonic weld with the Tow/Run Light Green wire. I've read those sonic welds can have issues.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2020, 12:06 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Pin 5 should have full pack voltage. Please confirm or deny.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #13
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does not have pack voltage. I will double check the tow run switch. I think I am looking at a bad sonic weld.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:31 AM   #14
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I need to locate the sonic welds in the harness can some one point me in the right direction. Not able to work on cart today raining here ( cart outside at Campgrownd) there is no voltage on pin #5 at controller. All other inputs have voltage.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #15
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think I may have found the problem. Pulled 16 pin plug off controller to start tracing light blue wire to the sonic weld and the gray wire #9 just came out of the plug. I had voltage on it when I tested it but I guess it was not crimped good on the connector.
Now my problem is I can’t figure how to remove the connector from the plug. I know it has 1 or 2 locking taps on it and I have a tool I used when I was working but cannot seem to unlock it. Looking at the plug facing me were are the lock tabs are they on the sides of on the bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D84050AA-7994-4899-A6C0-4B3DADF92FDC.jpeg (34.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Molex MiniFit Jr pin has a "barb" in each side, the removal tool looks like a very small tweezers and slides from the front of the connector.

Once both "barbs" are flat with the pin, You can pull the pin by the wire from the back of the connector.

If You don't have the right tool, you can flatten two staples in a "L" shape and insert one from each side of the pin to flatten the barbs.

That gray wire on pin #9 needs a good connection as it provides the power for the "walk-away" motor brake.

Last edited by Sergio; 09-10-2020 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Added pin specifications.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:51 PM   #17
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Sergio that helps a lot. Will try the staple method my tool I think is to big.

One other question were can I purchase the tool to remove this type of wire connector?
Old 09-11-2020, 06:44 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is the official tool, but there are many of those "multi connector" sets that include a compatible piece (about 2mm tweezers):
https://www.amazon.com/Molex-11-03-0...1NE/ref=sr_1_1
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:57 AM   #19
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
This is the official tool, but there are many of those "multi connector" sets that include a compatible piece (about 2mm tweezers):
https://www.amazon.com/Molex-11-03-0...1NE/ref=sr_1_1
Thanks for the link. I used the staple like you suggested it work fine did not have a connector but had a old harness I took the gray wire out of it and solder (an heat shrink) to harness. Cart is still dead. No power on light blue wire at controller that goes straight to the 6 pin connector for the OBC.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #20
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I redid the sonic weld for the pink wire from solenoid to red wire. Really did not see any think wrong with it. I unplug OBS and jumped white an blue wire. That gave me pack voltage on Pin#5. Key on t/r switch in run f/r switch in run pedal down solenoid still not engaging. Unplugged t/r switch and jumped it still no solenoid engagement and no reverse buzzer. If all inputs have voltage for the activation circuit the controller supply’s the ground right.
I ran a jumper from pack neg. to solenoid small terminal( blue/white) and solenoid will engage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car