lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Spartan body holes

One of the guys on here was wondering about what holes come on a Spartan body. It appears that they assume that you will be going back in with the big FNR switch so they supply holes for that. Since I have changed everything and will be using the rocker switch, I had to elongate the mounting holes a little bit, buy a plug to fill one hole, and I put a little button head screw in the upper hole and used it to support some wire. They do not provide any hole at all for the battery charger.

I wasn't able to post pics on a PM so thought I would post these up if it helps anyone else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FNR 1.jpg (81.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FNR 2.jpg (60.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FNR 3.jpg (70.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FNR 4.jpg (126.6 KB, 0 views)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Spartan body holes

Nevermind on e-mailing me pictures, I found this. If i have to pick this up from a Freight terminal, will it fit in the back of a pickup truck?
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

And I just noticed you have the dash kit I have been eyeing. I read the carbonfiber is a decal applique. I am concerned it will get scratched up quickly by the kids and should just get the textured black plastic version for durability.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Spartan body comes in a box about 4' x 4' x 2 1/2' tall. It will fit in a full size truck bed just fine. Might not fit between the wheel wells of a compact truck. I would agree with the black dash.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:33 AM   #5
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
The Spartan body comes in a box about 4' x 4' x 2 1/2' tall. It will fit in a full size truck bed just fine. Might not fit between the wheel wells of a compact truck. I would agree with the black dash.
Thank you Meimk
Old 09-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #6
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I checked email before I stopped by here-sorry!

I have not looked at the dash well enough to see if it is a decal or not (it was way too cheap to be real carbon fiber so I suspect it is a decal). I am pretty picky and will be bummed if it gets scratched (I won't have kids in mine most likely and I can tell the adults to keep their feet off of it (I'll just be that old guy down the street-"get off my lawn!!")

Glad you saw the pics here (that was why I posted them :) ) Happy to send more via email or post here if more are needed!
Old 09-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #7
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

The Spartan description says they are for 93+. Is this just because of the rear access opening?
Old 09-28-2020, 07:57 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCLR8N View Post
The Spartan description says they are for 93+. Is this just because of the rear access opening?
It will fit anything from '82 up. It will have the rear opening for the motor access, and will NOT come with the cover unless you order it. It had the hole for the FNR switch (I think) and will not have a hole for the charging port. You will have to cut that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:03 PM   #9
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

What did it set you back? I saw them on eBay and they seem to be the best price there.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:44 PM   #10
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not the best pic (it is still crammed into the garage) but I finally got all the pieces/parts back on. I was waiting until I had the cart wiring all done but figured I could finish it with the body on (and I need motivation to finish the wiring!).

I honestly don't remember where I got it from, Wakko (I know it was not Amazon); I paid under $800 for it with the lights and shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Club Car.jpg (144.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car