lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2020, 01:56 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Navitas!! Not happy!!

Let me start by giving my confessional. Forgive me Alltrax for I have sinned!
Had a DCS cart come in that needed a controller. Alltrax has been at least 3 weeks out all summer, so, I decided it would be a good time to try a Navitas. FSIP has them in stock, I'm 2 days shipping from them, I decided what the heck, I'll turn this job around quick. NOT!
Got the unit in, worked great a few hours. I liked some of its features. Called the man to come get it, went to move it out to the side, Dead. 2-8 code internal problem. Sent it back and they confirmed it was bad. 2 weeks later I get the replacement. Guess what? Same thing right out of the box! I think, "maybe it's something in the cart or motor" I said to myself. I had already checked the motor the first time, but I had a different DCS cart on the yard, so I pulled the Curtis 1206 off of it and installed and she runs perfect. I've learned a lot from this forum, but lessons like this stick with you longer! Sorry for ranting, just wanted to rant to someone! The wife could care less!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Navitas!! Not happy!!

Well that sucks! A quick job that turns into a pain and could've be turned around faster by ordering the Alltrax in the first place. Hind sights always 20/20. At least you'll know next time.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:47 PM   #3
Left Coast Kiteboarding
Gone Wild

Club Car

First off...that sucks. Especially when you're trying to make a living!

That said, seems strange. It's always possible Navitas got a bad batch of boards or something. Also possible something in the cart is doing something it doesn't like. Did you call Navitas directly? They are busy but helpful and would probably like a chance to address whatever is going on. If they have a bad manufacturing run, the sooner they find out the better. Maybe give them a call if you haven't already.
Left Coast Kiteboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:51 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This one has been. I'll be getting another Alltrax DCS on the way Monday. I already have 2 DCS controllers on order now. For some reason lately every EZGO I get that needs a controller is a DCS.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:57 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast Kiteboarding View Post
First off...that sucks. Especially when you're trying to make a living!

That said, seems strange. It's always possible Navitas got a bad batch of boards or something. Also possible something in the cart is doing something it doesn't like. Did you call Navitas directly? They are busy but helpful and would probably like a chance to address whatever is going on. If they have a bad manufacturing run, the sooner they find out the better. Maybe give them a call if you haven't already.
I haven't. I have been in contact with FSIP who tested the first unit and said it was faulty. With Alltrax I deal directly with them, I don't have that with Navitas, but I do have a dealer account with FSIP, but there turn around was almost 2 weeks on the second unit. I really wanted to like this control, so I would have a different option sometime. Also was interested in maybe doing some of their AC conversions in the future.

Old 10-10-2020, 06:21 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You really went to the dark side - First Navitas control now AC !?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You really went to the dark side - First Navitas control now AC !?
This incident may have cured me! [emoji1] I was just trying to stay on top of technology for the future maybe. I better stick with what I know! [emoji1][emoji1]

Old 10-10-2020, 08:59 PM   #8
Black RXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

2-8 is a solenoid fault.
Black RXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:20 PM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black RXV View Post
2-8 is a solenoid fault.
Not according to the manual. Says it's an internal problem. I have driven the same cart all afternoon on a Curtis 1206 borrowed from another cart.

Old 10-10-2020, 10:27 PM   #10
Left Coast Kiteboarding
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don't discount 'The Dark Side' . Once you go AC you'll never go back!

Just curious, do you have the Navitas Dealer App? It can tell you what the errors mean. Not sure if FSIP can give it to you but if you call, you can talk Navitas into giving it to you. Makes working with their controllers much easier!
Left Coast Kiteboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO