lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2020, 02:36 AM   #1
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Why do the rear tires always look smaller?

I'm shopping around to figure out what wheels and tires I'm going to purchase when I install the AllSports lift kit on my 48v 2013 precedent... Some questions:

1) Jakes long travel kit is adjustable for height right? Is the AllSports kit also adjustable? The AllSports looks like it uses thicker A-arms and is a more heavy duty kit.

2) When looking at various photos of custom carts on the internet, why does it always seem like the back tires are smaller than the front tires? Is this an optical illusion or am I seeing it correctly? (See photo attached that I grabbed from golfcarttiresupply.com)

3) Why does it seem, at least on the 2013 Precedent, that the rear tires are not centered in the wheel well? They all look like the axle should be moved back about an inch so the tires end up in the center.

My cart will be used on a farm.. country dirt roads, fields and trails. We live in a very hilly area with lots of mud and wet grass and it will be traveling the same paths as the farm tractor with ruts and puddles. I don't want to put huge tires on the cart because I want the COG as low as practical, and from what I can figure so far, I should stick to a 22 inch tire on a 10 or 12 inch rim with an 11 inch width. Sound about right?

Any suggestions for a tire brand that has a hard tread that won't easily wear out in those sizes? Suggestions for a good brand wheel?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12 inch stalker.jpg (1.53 MB, 0 views)
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Why do the rear tires always look smaller?

On my 2011 Precedent when stock and even after being lifted I cant say ive ever noticed that the rear wheels looked off center in the wheel well. Maybe the alignment pin on the leaf spring sheared and allowed the axle to slide. If the bushings are bad on the leaf springs that could also allow the entire rearend and springs to move about an inch or so.

As for the LT kits making the rear tires look smaller, I would have to say that it is probably a optical illusion being as the front wheels aren't as stuffed in the wheel well as the rear is.

I just put Arisun X-Terrain tires on my cart. They are 23X10R14, not sure if they make a smaller size for a small wheel but I would look into them. The price and longevity of them is hard to beat. Have neighbors with them that do 99% street/cement riding and they get many years of use out of them. Just be sure to make sure your front end is aligned, you keep proper air pressure in them and one thing I don't ever hear people talk about on carts but you should also rotate them. I always suggest bringing the rear tires straight forward and chris cross the fronts to the rear, meaning LF should go to RR and RF go to LR.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
On my 2011 Precedent when stock and even after being lifted I cant say ive ever noticed that the rear wheels looked off center in the wheel well. Maybe the alignment pin on the leaf spring sheared and allowed the axle to slide. If the bushings are bad on the leaf springs that could also allow the entire rearend and springs to move about an inch or so.

As for the LT kits making the rear tires look smaller, I would have to say that it is probably a optical illusion being as the front wheels aren't as stuffed in the wheel well as the rear is.

I just put Arisun X-Terrain tires on my cart. They are 23X10R14, not sure if they make a smaller size for a small wheel but I would look into them. The price and longevity of them is hard to beat. Have neighbors with them that do 99% street/cement riding and they get many years of use out of them. Just be sure to make sure your front end is aligned, you keep proper air pressure in them and one thing I don't ever hear people talk about on carts but you should also rotate them. I always suggest bringing the rear tires straight forward and chris cross the fronts to the rear, meaning LF should go to RR and RF go to LR.

Wayne
Thanks.. just seems a lot of the pictures I'm seeing online show the rear wheels to be smaller than the front for some reason. Must be an optical illusion.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Here's a solution...

Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:23 AM   #5
henryc
Not Yet Wild

I would get 10” wheels with your 22” tires; the extra sidewall provides a lot more shock absorption. 23” tires with 14” rims will give you a very rough ride off road (I’m speaking from experience).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
henryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car