lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2021, 08:09 PM   #1
517Cart
Not Yet Wild

Default New 440 Navitas controller, Either 13mph, Or 21mph, Nothing in between.

I installed a new 440amp tsx 3.0 Navitas controller with the OTF programmer into a 2016 precedent club car. When I adjust the OTF programmer via adjustable dial the cart will go up to 13mph OR if adjusted slightly more it will immediately hit 21mph. Nothing in between, No matter how little you turn the knob, its either 20-21mph, or a hair less of a turn, 13mph. The bluetooth app will read out all the various increments (ie... 91%-99%...etc) but it doesn't matter, its either all or nothing on the actual dial OTF programmer. Any suggestions? I love how fast this cart is going, but I want my kids to drive a little slower.
517Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #2
jkenprice1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New 440 Navitas controller, Either 13mph, Or 21mph, Nothing in between.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I've been thinking about getting that controller. I'm just curious, does adjusting the acceleration knob have any effect on the speed setting
jkenprice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:15 AM   #3
517Cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New 440 Navitas controller, Either 13mph, Or 21mph, Nothing in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkenprice1 View Post
Sorry to hear you're having problems. I've been thinking about getting that controller. I'm just curious, does adjusting the acceleration knob have any effect on the speed setting
I have to admit, its pretty awesome especially the bluetooth app to see real time diagnostics/info (note, if bluetooth doesnt work, flip run/tow switch to reset connection). Torque doesnt change the speed but it makes a huge difference, In fact most of the time I have torque turned down so it doesn't cause whiplash.

I called the company and I think the work around (until I figure out the issue) is to just set a dealer hard speed limit on the app(different than the speed setting I'm told) to a lesser amount like 17mph. I'm still in the process with messing with it and I'll get back to you.

But no hesitation with the controller at all... it had my stock motor going from 14mph to 21mph which is great, but I don't want my 13 year old daughter going that fast :)
517Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:24 AM   #4
jkcc4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just put the same controller on my 2011 Precedent. Very pleased with it. I do not have the OTF I adjust through the APP. Only issue I am having is speedo doesn’t work on APP. May have a bad speed sensor. Navitas was very helpful with my issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jkcc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 07:31 AM   #5
jtm12180
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever solve this?
jtm12180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car