lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2021, 09:43 PM   #1
bpd223
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV - Starting over... Controller and Brake are Shot

Hello, everyone. I have searched the forum, and, as always, I have found some wonderful ideas for my cart. I have not found an exact answer for what I need, and I apologize in advance if my request is redundant.

My cart (electric 2010 RXV) stopped on me while playing a round of golf recently. After taking it to my local shop, they determined that the motor brake had seized to the motor. After putting a new motor brake on, they tried running the cart, and they determined that the controller (Danaher) was out.

Their solution: new controller (upgrade to Curtis since Danaher no longer available), wiring conversion harness, new motor brake. Total: $2500.

I am not terribly tech-savvy about carts, but I honestly believe I can put in a new controller and motor brake for less. Can you give me some affordable options? Thanks in advance!
bpd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2021, 03:40 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV - Starting over... Controller and Brake are Shot

Wow, i would check If the controller is really gone and If, looking for a used one. Does the cart still do anything?
A conversion to Curtis will need at least the controller and a main wiring harness, ~ 1000$ in parts i think and some work of course.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:59 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would do this conversion yourself much cheaper like ojo said $1000.00 or so. The only thing you might think about is how fast you want your golf cart to be. The newer controller can't go as fast as the older ones. The 7.0 revision and up will get you 24-25mph. The older 6.0 and down can get you 30+mph.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:02 PM   #4
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've got a working danaher sitting in a box from when I upgraded to the Navitas.
If you decide you want a cheap fix let me know. Maybe $125?
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

JBERGER, if bpd223 is not interested in your controller, I would very much like the opportunity to buy it from you. I have a dead Danaher RXV that could use that!

bpd223 from what I have seen, all too often Danaher controllers are written off as dead, and are not. If you would like for me to plug your controller into my test cart to verify its dead, I would do that for you. If you love your cart, and want it better, do the Curtis conversion.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:13 PM   #6
bpd223
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you everyone.
JBERGER, I sent you a PM, as I will buy the controller.
sleeplesstwo, let me try JBERGER's controller, and I will let you know. Thank you for the suggestion on the upgrade (I just want to get up and running again for now; I will definitely upgrade in the future).
Old 06-30-2021, 04:04 PM   #7
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is a good plan. Let me know if you would like it tested. If it turns out to be bad, I would still like to have it for parts if you don't mind. Don't get down on that Danaher RXV, still an excellent cart. There are many out there being abused every day.

Please keep us posted...
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:24 PM   #8
bpd223
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, sleeplesstwo. I will PM you.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:01 PM   #9
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

BPD asked via PM first, so I'm just going by the first ask.
If things don't work out with him I'll repost.
I just need to get the old one off my workbench, there was nothing wrong with it, I just wanted the Navitas so I could adjust the speed when my daughters were using the cart.
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, motor brake, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO