lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2021, 01:19 PM   #11
biphase
Gone Wild

Default Re: Regen1 or Regen2 ?

I am sure that pin 6 is the charger enable on the Regen 2 controller because I have repaired many of those controllers and I am able to test them on the bench. The blue to white jumper works on Club Cars with the IQ type controllers like Club Car Precedent where the charger enable is on pin 5 which is a blue wire.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2021, 01:26 PM   #12
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by biphase View Post
I am sure that pin 6 is the charger enable on the Regen 2 controller because I have repaired many of those controllers and I am able to test them on the bench. The blue to white jumper works on Club Cars with the IQ type controllers like Club Car Precedent where the charger enable is on pin 5 which is a blue wire.
Unplugging the OBC, and jumping white to yellow didn't help. With white jumped to yellow and all others disconnected nothing happens. Solenoid doesn't click. On the bright side, no fireworks or smoke. With OBC plugged up I can probe 27 volts on the yellow. An odd voltage. And strangely, it starts out as about 21 or 22 volts then walks its way up to 27 or 28 slowly. I have seen that behavior before with a weak or failing sonic weld. Do you know where at in the harness the 7 wire junction shown in the schematic is located ? I'd like to get a look at it.
sthreatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:39 PM   #13
biphase
Gone Wild

I don't know exactly where that junction is located but 27 volts should be enough to enable the controller. If the solenoid clicks then the OBC is not disabling the controller.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:42 PM   #14
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I don't know exactly where that junction is located but 27 volts should be enough to enable the controller. If the solenoid clicks then the OBC is not disabling the controller.
Well, so much for that train of thought. Back to the drawing board.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:48 PM   #15
biphase
Gone Wild

When you put 48 volts on the yellow wire the solenoid did not click is that correct? When you plug in the OBC does the solenoid click?
Old 09-14-2021, 02:17 PM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What's your voltage at the controller with the controller in F or R Pin 4 or 5?

Usually if there is a problem at the splice connection your voltage at the FnR switch and at the solenoids will be low. But it helps to check voltage getting to the controller in case there is a problem elsewhere.
Yellow from the OBC on those models is charge interlock I believe. Blue out of the OBC is power to FnR, Solenoids, and the reverse buzzer.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:08 PM   #17
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
When you put 48 volts on the yellow wire the solenoid did not click is that correct? When you plug in the OBC does the solenoid click?
Correct. And by the way, the charger wont come on, but is working by grounding negative lead to Bat - and grey sense wire to bat - .
Old 09-14-2021, 06:13 PM   #18
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
What's your voltage at the controller with the controller in F or R Pin 4 or 5?
I'll check that. I have checked the power into the F/R switch at the center lead. It's pack voltage, but I haven't checked that continuing to the main plug at the controller.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:19 PM   #19
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Curious : With the cart in RUN, keyswitch ON, selector in Forward, pedal down, what voltage should I be reading to battery ground from F1, F2, A1, and A2 terminals ? Is that a test of controller output to motor ? ( I've already un-cabled and tested the motor with 12 volts .. it runs, so not a motor issue )
Old 09-15-2021, 06:41 AM   #20
biphase
Gone Wild

With the solenoid engaged, A1 should be steady at pack voltage and A2 should gradually decrease from pack voltage to zero volts as the pedal is pushed to the floor.

Depending on the direction selected, either F1 or F2 should remain at zero volts while the other F terminal reads some positive number of volts. The readings reverse when you change the direction selected.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car