lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #1
Abcvance
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default D&D motor

2002 ezgo txt pds, stock parts:

Just replaced my motor with a D&D motor. Instead of having the complete speed sensor with plug, it just has three wires coming off the motor.

1) do I need to connect the speed sensor to test the cart/motor? Will the cart run as is?
2) where can I get the plug wire harness to connect it in the near future?

Thanks all!
Abcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2021, 10:45 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: D&D motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcvance View Post
2002 ezgo txt pds, stock parts:

Just replaced my motor with a D&D motor. Instead of having the complete speed sensor with plug, it just has three wires coming off the motor.

1) do I need to connect the speed sensor to test the cart/motor? Will the cart run as is?
2) where can I get the plug wire harness to connect it in the near future?

Thanks all!
What controller are you using and which D&D motor?

1. Depends on controller. It'll run with a stock PDS controller, but very slowly.

2. You need the speed sensor from the old motor. Cut sensor of and connect the wires as follows.
Black to Black
Red to Red
Green to white.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:57 AM   #3
Abcvance
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I bought a replacement stock Curtis 350 amp controller from buggies unlimited and replacement stock motor 170-505-0001. From what I read the motor will work without the speed sensor but it will go into “crawl mode”. That is fine for now, just wanted to test all the components(seems like everything is working). I don’t have the old motor/speed sensor. Do I need to buy a new stock speed sensor and cut off the magnet or can I just buy the plug/wires somewhere?

Thanks again
Old 09-09-2021, 11:29 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It'll run in crawl mode without speed sensor.

If you can find the Molex plug and pins, you can build a cable to connect the D&D speed sensor to the controller, otherwise, you'll have to obtain a PDS speed sensor and use the cable from it.

I don't have the part numbers, but someone else might. Contact D&D, they might have the numbers.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #5
Abcvance
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yep, kind of what I thought…if I’m just using the wires and plug a cheap replacement off Amazon should suffice?
Old 09-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcvance View Post
Yep, kind of what I thought…if I’m just using the wires and plug a cheap replacement off Amazon should suffice?
Yes.

FWIW: The speed sensor and ITS sensors from Amazon work as well as the more costly ones elsewhere.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO