lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2022, 03:53 PM   #1
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Golf cart popping “wheelies”

So I have a 95 club car DS (series). 48V batteries with D&D motor. We just installed a new MZJ-400A and Alltrax SR48500. Now when I lightly touch the pedal the cart shoots forward and the front tires come off the ground. If I put it in reverse and lightly touch the pedal, the wheels screech and make tire marks it shoots back so fast. Any ideas what could be causing this?
SiBTiger107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2022, 04:26 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Golf cart popping “wheelies”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiBTiger107 View Post
So I have a 95 club car DS (series). 48V batteries with D&D motor. We just installed a new MZJ-400A and Alltrax SR48500. Now when I lightly touch the pedal the cart shoots forward and the front tires come off the ground. If I put it in reverse and lightly touch the pedal, the wheels screech and make tire marks it shoots back so fast. Any ideas what could be causing this?
I believe your Alltrax is set to the wrong throttle setting. You're at max throttle when you touch the pedal and it will slow as you push the pedal down. To confirm, floor the pedal initially and it should take off slow and it should go faster as you let it up.

I'm not sure if you have 0 to 5k or 5k to 0. Who did you buy the Alltrax from? If a BGW sponsor, call them to see what the correct setting is.

If you have a laptop connected to the Alltrax, you can switch the throttle setting yourself.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:38 PM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:52 PM   #4
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you. I will give that a try tomorrow, but makes sense because I wasn’t getting any additional torque on the incline
Old 04-06-2022, 05:59 PM   #5
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello. So I have the cable and accessed the toolkit but can’t figure out the correct settings. Any idea what a 95 club car DS without run/tow switch should be set to? Thanks again
Old 04-06-2022, 06:11 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Try Club Car.
If that does not work you may need one of the two 0-5k options.
1995 was a unique throttle year. Let us know what it set to now and which one works.
Be careful, throttle types are best tested with one or two rear wheels off the ground.
P.S.
It is possible somebody switched the throttle device in this cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:27 PM   #7
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you I will give it a try. Do I just set the throttle type to Club Car or do I need to clear the auto-collaboration or anything?
Old 04-07-2022, 03:57 PM   #8
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Two days on the phone with alltrax. Every single throttle settings starts at 100% so they can’t figure it out. Waiting on call back from “main technician”. Hopefully they can give me a different or Custom setting to fix the issue
Old 04-07-2022, 04:36 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you test the throttle output with a multimeter and tell us what exactly the signal and range is ? Like :
Ohms 0-5k or
Voltage 0-5v or

PS I know you were on the phone with a tech but are you 100% certain you were SETTING each change? I've never heard of this problem before but I've only assisted on about a million installs
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:04 PM   #10
SiBTiger107
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can you test the throttle output with a multimeter and tell us what exactly the signal and range is ? Like :
Ohms 0-5k or
Voltage 0-5v or

PS I know you were on the phone with a tech but are you 100% certain you were SETTING each change? I've never heard of this problem before but I've only assisted on about a million installs
Yes he made sure I was hitting set and then verifying by the flashing green lights.
I can try and research how to test the throttle output and get back. It doesn’t seem like anything he had seen before. Every setting was going 100% throttle except for one that started and stayed at 65%
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car