lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2022, 10:50 AM   #1
MeadowsSA
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart loses power/stalls when pedal fully depressed.

I have my Precedent going into the shop but they are a few weeks backlogged so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had an idea what's going on with it.

When the pedal is pressed fully to the floor it loses power and stalls (it is also intermittent but is becoming more consistent). As long as you don't fully press the pedal down it drives fine. Seems to be charging normal.

thoughts?

Thank you!
MeadowsSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2022, 01:31 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cart loses power/stalls when pedal fully depressed.

Check all of your battery connections carefully. Sounds like either a connection or battery problem from your brief description.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:05 PM   #3
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Let's start with this.....What year is cart, make and year of batteries. Also give voltage (with decimals) of entire pack 12 hours after a full overnite charge, then measure each battery (list here) and each battery under load (list here). Maybe we can see something amiss.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:22 PM   #4
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check MCOR output at bottom of pedal travel.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:40 AM   #5
MeadowsSA
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Check all of your battery connections carefully. Sounds like either a connection or battery problem from your brief description.
I am not saying you are wrong because I have very little knowledge on any of this, but wouldn't a battery issue affect it at all levels of the pedal being depressed? I have great power and speeds are normal all the way up to the pedal being pushed down to the floor. As long as I keep the pedal just slightly above fully depressed all is normal and feels like full speed but as soon as that last 1/4 of an inch the pedal is floored then it stops. Batteries and voltage all appear good when testing and visual inspection. So I'm trying to make the connection of how a battery or battery connection wouldn't affect it more than just when the pedal is floored?
Old 04-27-2022, 08:45 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I tend to agree with you. Sounds more like a problem with the throttle system itself. You may have to replace the MCOR. I have Yamaha carts so I don't know much about your cart's throttle transducer but it sounds like it's not working correctly at full throttle. If the cart is accelerating normally at almost full throttle, then your batteries and connections are probably fine.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:54 PM   #7
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Yep, sounds like MOCR. You can use the search feature on ways to test threads. Maybe some in the "Stickies"
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:20 PM   #8
MeadowsSA
Not Yet Wild

Testing it have confirmed it is my MCOR. Doesn't seem like a difficult repair myself to avoid the shop and transportation costs to get it in. My only question is about the part. The MCOR needed from different cart parts sites I look at run between $160-$225 yet on Amazon this one will replace mine and is $43 and reviews seem good overall. Am I crazy for thinking I'll buy this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=AXXSBX7A6EJXC
Old 04-28-2022, 01:01 PM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would stay away from that one. They don’t tell you where it’s made & the China ones are junk right out of the box. The O.E. & good replacements seem to be marked on the label “made in Mexico”. If they don’t show you the label side I would suspect it’s made in China.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 01:18 PM   #10
MeadowsSA
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
I would stay away from that one. They don’t tell you where it’s made & the China ones are junk right out of the box. The O.E. & good replacements seem to be marked on the label “made in Mexico”. If they don’t show you the label side I would suspect it’s made in China.
Thank you good to know!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car