lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2022, 02:35 PM   #1
thenaz007
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 Precedent Charging with 4 bank?

Newbie just bought 05 Precedent 4x12. Topped off DI water on the Farm & Fleet batteries... Then charged the batteries for 3 hours and noticed the charger turned off (I know now to top off water before charging). Had been barest sprinkle and I have a top. Drove the cart it barely got me up a 100 ft. 30 degree incline. Tried with my buddy and I and it wouldn't go very far up the incline. Plugged the charger back in and nothing. Overnighted $85 5 amp 48v charger with the right connector (now I know it needed to be OBC friendly) and plugged it in all night (Red and Green lit up- unintelligible product support). Next morning wouldn't get me halfway up the hill. Did some research. It appears the original charger either fried or Battery Voltage too low for OBC to allow charging, and the newer (1 yr) off brand batteries may not be helping. I understand I need to check the battery voltages after charging. I have a 4 bank NOCO charger (2 amps/bank) I hooked up a bank to each of the 4 batteries. I did not disconnect them from each other and i am not sure if the cart is on run or tow. My plan was to leave them charging for 36-48 hours, hoping they reach a point where they are seldom clicking on. Then I will let them sit for 20 minutes and measure individual and group voltages. Question 1 - am I doing any harm with the 4 bank charger? I plan to recheck the original charger if I get up over about 35 volts for the pack. I am assuming you will recommend good batteries like US Battery or Trojan, probably even if I do revive the existing ones. Question 2 - Would you spend $1250-$1600 on new traditional batteries or go ~$2K for Li ion? I am also concerned I need a Moderately beefy controller and Torque Motor for these conditions but will start another thread. Really Appreciate the Help!!
thenaz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car