lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2022, 01:22 PM   #1
gunwhatgun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax controller is in.

It seems to be the greatest thing since sliced bread to. I do have a couple of questions though.

There is a delay between pushing the pedal and the cart starting to move that we did not have before. It is about 3 seconds, not a big deal unless you are starting on a hill or trying to cross the street. Is this normal? Is it a setting I can change in the programming?

Second, the solenoid clicks a lot. It clicks when you switch it into forward or reverse and when you press or release the pedal. I don't remember my old one doing that. Is that normal? This new 400A unit is huge and much louder than the old factory one, I'm wondering if I just didn't hear that one as well??

Third, are the performance increases really this much better or am I just excited to have my cart fixed up? We have had this car about 7 years and it was bone stock until these upgrades. It is either a 1995 or 1997 Medalist 36v. Before, it was ok but had it's limits. With my neighbor and I on it (both of us are bigger guys) it was fine until we had to go up the hill in his driveway, then it slowed way down, like less than half the speed. Yesterday, it had me and my son on it, towing my grandson on the 4 wheeler (broken) to get it back to his house. We had to go up the same hill in the driveway and the cart acted like we were on flat ground, never hinted at slowing down. The top speed is much higher than it used to be, to the point I think I need to check the alignment, the steering gets a little iffy.

All in all I am very happy, but now I really want to upgrade the motor.
gunwhatgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2022, 02:20 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax controller is in.

I was amazed when I installed my Alltrax too! It is awesome.

You can adjust the accel. There is a throttle and torque curve as well as a 'turbo' option. You can adjust all three. The software is free and you connect it to your laptop with an old printer type USB cable.

Caveat: I have the Alltrax XCT, if you have an Alltrax SR some features may be different.

I added the FNK switch so I have different personalities. I had one for the kids that initially had a 3-ish second delay. That was too much so I had to change it, I changed the torque curve IIRC. It was a while ago. I had another one for normal driving where it'll accelerate well but not jarring. I had a third one that I called idiot-mode that will pop wheelies and hit 30mph. Now the kids are a little older so kiddie mode is never used and wheelies aren't as much fun now that I've done them several times so the cart lives in normal driving mode 100% of the time.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 02:23 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Change from Turf to Street setting and your throttle response will be more normal.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 06:18 PM   #4
gunwhatgun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

What is the difference between Turf and Street? I did change the throttle rate a bit and that seemed to change the lag a bit.

I also noticed that it is turned down to 400A even though it is a 500A controller. I think this is because I spoke to the guy at Carts unlimited and he mentioned that my stock motor might not be happy at 500A. If I am getting this kind of performance at 400 on a stock motor, I can't wait to upgrade the motor.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:54 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Turf is golf course mode. It soft starts and causes that delay. You don't need to use that even on a golf course. Street mode just gives a faster throttle response.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:10 PM   #6
gunwhatgun
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Turf is golf course mode. It soft starts and causes that delay. You don't need to use that even on a golf course. Street mode just gives a faster throttle response.
Thank you for that information. I was thinking it might have something to do with torque vs top speed.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:33 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Turbo mode will affect top speed somewhat.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO