lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2022, 06:18 PM   #1
kabinski
Not Yet Wild

Default Did I put too much lube in my rear diff?

2019 EZGO 2five - Changed my rear differential lube due to having to fix a leaky seal. For RXV’s, a bunch of places stated to fill until lube starts to seep over the threads of the fill plug. Manual states 25oz. I figured the “over the thread” method would likely be at or around 25oz, so I just went that route. My pump was a bit leaky, as well, so I couldn’t really rely on the container fluid indicator. Ended up pumping from two separate qt containers (as I stated prior, pump leaked a bit and I also couldn’t get all the lube out of the first qt easily, and therefore tapped into a new container). All this was done on a level garage floor.

Bottom line, going with the the thread route, I believe I ended up putting way more in than 25oz. Is there any harm in this? Thanks
kabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2022, 12:59 AM   #2
HarryT
Gone Wild

Default Re: Did I put too much lube in my rear diff?

If it is not running out of the fill hole, it is not overfilled.
Harry
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:50 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabinski View Post
2019 EZGO 2five - For RXV’s, a bunch of places stated to fill until lube starts to seep over the threads of the fill plug.

I don't know the '19 2Five but, the RXV's never had a fill plug. There is a vent hole on drivers side axle tube and a rubber plug in the oil pan, that's it. Could you take a picture of your rear end?
The correct amount of the gear oil should be used (25 oz.). Important is, to use " limited slip " gear oil only ( or standard oil + 2 oz. friction modifier ).
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:48 AM   #4
kabinski
Not Yet Wild

Here’s it shown in the RXV shop manual on page 142. There are two plugs, one on the bottom and one on the side. The same diagram is in my 2Five shop manual. I’m not comfortable with the amount I put in, so I’m gonna pull the pan, start over and put the 25oz in like I should have in the first place. If I had to guess, I probably put in 32-35 total oz. Note to self, always go with what the manual states

https://www.ezgo.com.au/files/4998/6...r%20Manual.pdf

Thanks for your help
kabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:04 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yep, you're right and i'm wrong! I've purchased a new transaxle in 2020 but, it's a replacement for the 2008-2013 year model. NO FILL PLUG. The 2013.5+ transaxle is a little different (i.e. different shock mounts) and indeed, it has the fill plug
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO