lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2022, 11:01 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default 1995 Medalist plastic body install ?

I had read here where these plastic bodys just rivet right on when I removed the beat up metal body on the 1995 . My 1995 medalist series cart is a little different and before I go to cutting and welding so my fender liner will work is there anything else I need to know if anyone knows ?
Where the seat hinge rivets is also different. The 1995 Medalist slot is not as long where the seat hinges and the later model cart I removed the plastic body it is a different position as shown in picture. The seat I have has a good bottom with the three screw mount instead of the 95 which only had two screws into the wood plus not as long like I mentioned.
Look at the pictures and tell me what you think.
I know it sits on it good but I can't get the fender liner mounted without either cutting the one from other cart and welding it on frame or slotting the plastic liner and drilling two more holes. Just not sure about the seat hinge working.
Strange thing is I also got another medalist ( 1996 ) that had a gas engine in it and its the same as the one I removed the plastic body from. Last picture is the frame on the 1996 Medalist. Both my Medalists have beat up bodys and I scrapped the one with gas engine because too many things have already been removed. Next stop is junk yard for that one unless someone needs a good 1996 medalist frame that had the 295 engine in it.
The 1995 series cart runs great but body is terrible and I had a plastic one I thought would be easy to install. Not exactly true though without some fabrication which I didn't want to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1995 medalist series cart.jpg (468.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2007 ezgo.jpg (464.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Close up of 1995 medalist.jpg (315.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg my 1996 ezgo metalist.jpg (493.4 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2022, 01:30 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 Medalist plastic body install ?

Last time i did one of these, I do not recall having to cut or weld anything. That was a gas cart though. Never changed body type on an electric Medalist? You just have to do what you have to do

Maybe you can fix it with wire nuts
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 08:13 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Last time i did one of these, I do not recall having to cut or weld anything. That was a gas cart though. Never changed body type on an electric Medalist? You just have to do what you have to do

Maybe you can fix it with wire nuts
I used all the wire nuts on last project

It was just a left over project so no big deal. My 1996 medalist with gas engine would have worked fine but nothing left on it but the frame

This 1995 sparky is different.
I may just stretch it being I got to cut some metal lol

I can make the body fit . I just wouldn't have did this if I had known if was going to be this much trouble.

The body is from a 2007 PDS. Cost would have been too much to get it back going plus the 1995 medalist runs but body is trashed.

If I had good batteries the PDS cart would have been much better
Old 10-10-2022, 10:18 AM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've done several medalist to plastic body swaps. Seat hinges are different, but the newer ones line right up. Also some have the SB50 charge plug, that will need to be replaced with the powerwise D shape plug. Other than that it should be a simple swap.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:34 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
I've done several medalist to plastic body swaps. Seat hinges are different, but the newer ones line right up. Also some have the SB50 charge plug, that will need to be replaced with the powerwise D shape plug. Other than that it should be a simple swap.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Did yours look like mine and which fender liner did you use ?
Old 10-10-2022, 07:05 PM   #6
Sideways
Gone Wild

I seem to recall having an issue with the rear liners when I replaced the medal body on my Medalist and ended up using tie wraps instead of the push clips to secure them.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 09:05 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I seem to recall having an issue with the rear liners when I replaced the medal body on my Medalist and ended up using tie wraps instead of the push clips to secure them.
Yet nobody that has done these mentioned this part but no big deal. Maybe this 1995 Medalist is by itself because my junked out 1996 Medalist has the same one as most all of them have.

I cut them off today , then cut the ones on the old frame I am junking out and welded them on the cart I am working on. Fenders installed using push clips.

The seat part will work so all is now good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fender .jpg (273.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg frame metal.jpg (249.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO