lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2022, 07:48 PM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default How do you test a new solenoid on EZGO RXV that doesn't click

I just replaced my solenoid because the old one stopped working when the positive lug melted out of it. All connections were tight, so not sure if there is another underlying problem. But, I just got in the new solenoid and it will not click when I turn on the key and press the pedal. Batteries are fully charged and cart was put back in go mode (not in tow mode). I would appreciate advice on how to test this solenoid. It seems to be a different test for an RXV than it is for TXT. Thanks
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2022, 07:07 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do you test a new solenoid on EZGO RXV that doesn't click

The solenoid of the RXV is always on, when you press the pedal, you'd hear the em brake releasing only ( without any action and key to on, the solenoid switch to off after some minutes automatically. Enclosed the test from the Troubleshooting Guide:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2022-12-06-18-20-45.jpg (51.2 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 10:03 AM   #3
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks. I have full battery pack voltage between primary and secondary contacts on the solenoid. Step 2 says it should have approximately 1/2 voltage but it is full voltage.

Also, with key switch in reverse, the buzzer stays on. There is no start up sequence. But, the cart will move forward and reverse. But it is very jerky and hits hard going into either direction, rather than nice and easy like before.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:11 AM   #4
somfas
Gone Wild

I just noticed that when I pulled the 12v hot wire fuse, the cart seemed to "shut down" and when I put the fuse back in, the cart seemed to do its start up sequence (with the key off). Then, still, the reverse buzzer stays on when put in reverse.
Old 12-10-2022, 12:10 PM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What year is the RXV? The buzzer should sound as long as the key is in reverse...
Old 12-10-2022, 02:42 PM   #6
somfas
Gone Wild

Its a 2017. Good point about the buzzer, but I thought it was only when the pedal was pressed. The way it is now, the buzzer comes on the instant I put it in reverse whether or not I press the pedal. It also doesn't do the start up sequence when I turn the key on. It seems to do it when I put the fuse back in the 12v lead. I wired it back the same was it was before, to my knowledge. But I am thinking I must have hooked up a wire incorrectly.
Old 12-10-2022, 03:38 PM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's the Curtis Troubleshooting Guide, it includes a wiring diagram as well...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RXV 48V AC Curtis Advanced Trouble-Shooting Guide.pdf (3.16 MB, 0 views)
Old 12-11-2022, 02:48 PM   #8
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks for the help, I got the solenoid installed correctly. I have a bigger issue and will start a new thread on that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO