lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2023, 04:50 PM   #1
Okiesdad
Not Yet Wild

Default EzGo RXV Controller ? Curtis vs. Navitas

Hi everyone, I recently posted a question regarding a random electrical issue I was having with my 2011 RXV 48V. I did get some good advice from other members, but between work and my general lack of electrical knowledge I decided to take it to a reputable EzGo dealer for a specific diagnosis. I just received the call, and my suspicions were confirmed. The Danaher controller has officially taken a crap. They are recommending replacing it with a "Curtis Conversion kit" and I'm fine with that (albeit a little pricey at $2,534 ?), but I have read numerous threads on here about the Navitas controllers both Pro and Con. I'm honestly leaning towards purchasing a Navitas (mostly because of the price) and trying the switch over myself. I've watched some instructional videos this morning and it all seems pretty straight forward. My question is: Is there any good solid reasoning I should go with the Curtis vs. the Navitas ? I'm trying to be a least moderately frugal here, but I don't want to attempt it if it's going to cause me problems down the road or there's the potential to do irreparable harm. Thanks in advance for the Advice ! Okiesdad
Okiesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2023, 06:45 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo RXV Controller ? Curtis vs. Navitas

I've purchased the Navitas Danaher conversion kit in 2021, absolutely awesome and plug n play install. Without the OTF programmer (not really needed) actually 900$ vs. your 2500$. I've purchased a used Danaher controller for my second cart as well, seller was asking 300$. That would be another (cheap) option. Or you could check out the parts section of the forum, member FredH offering a Danaher to Curtis conversion kit (incl. the recommended main harness) pretty cheap.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 08:04 AM   #3
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

That reputable dealer is very pricey. Seems they are charging over a grand in labor alone.. Arent these kits plug and play more or less?
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 09:35 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

About 1 year ago, you'd find these Danaher/Curtis conversion kits (controller, brackets, resistor, adaptors) for 600$! Actually they're more and more "sold out". Enclosed the current offer from the Ezgo shop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2023-03-09-14-36-51.jpg (25.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-13-2023, 10:27 AM   #5
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have done numerous Navitas installs on RXV carts. Absolutely the way to go. Bluetooth adjustability and diagnostics. No need to find someone with a handheld diagnostics machine. Excellent support and easy to install. Navitas recommends you upgrade the solenoid. so factor that into the price.
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 12:52 PM   #6
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I have a 2011 RXV also. Been thinking of going to Navitas controller. Which one? 400 amp or 600 amp. My cart is totally stock now. Has allied LifePo4 batteries. But only 60 ah hours. It does a solid 23 mph. Would controller make it faster? Or should I just leave it alone?
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:16 PM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Would controller make it faster... Yeah! Compared to the Danaher and 20.5 " tires the RXV jumped from 23 mph to 36 with the Navitas And there is no really dfference between 440/600a ( same speed ).
Old 04-04-2023, 02:33 PM   #8
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just curious, would it be wise to upgrade to the Curtis wiring harness from the old Danaher harness when switching to the Navitas controller? Or can the Navitas work with either harness with adapters? I spent over $500 for the Curtis harness last year to get rid of my gremlins with the stock harness.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 03:55 PM   #9
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The new style Tac 2 Navitas conversion kit is available either for Curtis or for Danaher. Direct fit w/o any adaptors. If the oem harness has issues, you can replace it with a Curtis main harness or with the main harness from the 2Five/Danaher LSV, which is still available.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2023-04-04-22-36-25.png (87.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO