lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2023, 09:27 AM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Multi profile motor controller

Alltrax profiles can be on a switch (even a key switch)
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2023, 09:32 AM   #12
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Alltrax profiles can be on a switch (even a key switch)
Yes that was mentioned.

My question would be how about the navitas? Does one need to buy additional proprietary hardware or is it done with a phone app?
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 11:54 PM   #13
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Yes that was mentioned.

My question would be how about the navitas? Does one need to buy additional proprietary hardware or is it done with a phone app?
It is done with the On The Fly programming unit. Has a key and three pots on it. You unlock it... set accel, speed and regen to what you want and lock the key. Locked at that setup... Unlock and move knobs and reset... Lock to keep it at that setting.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 06:43 AM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
It is done with the On The Fly programming unit. Has a key and three pots on it. You unlock it... set accel, speed and regen to what you want and lock the key. Locked at that setup... Unlock and move knobs and reset... Lock to keep it at that setting.
Ok thats the way the xct series of alltrax works as well I believe. You buy the key/potentiameter controls for an extra couple hundred bucks and mount it in the cart.
The Sr series I had could do either I believe. I had set the speed and torque in the program for the "kids" setting and a switch would go between that and my normal settings.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:18 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Ok thats the way the xct series of alltrax works as well I believe. You buy the key/potentiameter controls for an extra couple hundred bucks and mount it in the cart.
The Sr series I had could do either I believe. I had set the speed and torque in the program for the "kids" setting and a switch would go between that and my normal settings.

Anyone can get the Alltrax FN key dash mount unit for as little as $125 here > https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltr...-controls.html
You can set all of the controller parameters for 3 different modes plus you can set one mode for lock out which makes this an added level of security.
We typically set slow, medium, & fast modes. With different speeds, regen, acceleration rates, Amperage limits, turbo settings and more for the 3 modes. It's really helpful if you have very young or old drivers. When we set the lock out mode me set it as the default mode so that if somebody tries to remove the device to defeat the lock out the controller defaults to lock out. I hope this helps
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:23 AM   #16
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Anyone can get the Alltrax FN key dash mount unit for as little as $125 here > https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltr...-controls.html
You can set all of the controller parameters for 3 different modes plus you can set one mode for lock out which makes this an added level of security.
We typically set slow, medium, & fast modes. With different speeds, regen, acceleration rates, Amperage limits, turbo settings and more for the 3 modes. It's really helpful if you have very young or old drivers. When we set the lock out mode me set it as the default mode so that if somebody tries to remove the device to defeat the lock out the controller defaults to lock out. I hope this helps
That it a decent price. Is it $125 shipped? or $125 + tax + shipping? I may have rounded up slightly but figured they would be closer to $200 than $100. When I looked for myself I remembered there being 2 different styles and one being about a hundred with the other being more but having more controls. Im sure the equivalent for the navitas is more than that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO