lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2023, 03:43 PM   #1
Odo30
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 Ezgo TXT DCS, need electrical help

Hi, I have recently purchased a 1997 Ezgo txt DCS in not running condition. I have been working my way through trouble shooting with my multimeter. Pack voltage is good, solenoid is good, resistor is dropping pack voltage by 2.8 volts across solenoid. I was then checking for 36 volts on the solenoid’s small terminal’s when the key is on and in forward and reverse. From what I understand is you should only get 36 volts when the peddle is pressed. I am getting 36 volts as soon as I put in forward or reverse. I disconnected the wires from the peddle switch and had no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Odo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2023, 07:56 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1997 Ezgo TXT DCS, need electrical help

Here is the wiring diagram.. The small red wire on the small terminal of the solenoid will have pack voltage with the key on and in forward. Once the pedal is pushed the blue wire should go to ground..
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0051.jpeg (94.0 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 05:49 PM   #3
Odo30
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Here is the wiring diagram.. The small red wire on the small terminal of the solenoid will have pack voltage with the key on and in forward. Once the pedal is pushed the blue wire should go to ground..
Thx, it ended up being a faulty throttle peddle switch. Now I just need to figure out why it goes forward in both forward and reverse positions. The previous owner had replaced the switches on the selector thinking that might be the issue, it obviously must be wired up wrong.
Odo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 10:14 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Look at the diagram above and check the switch on the passenger side to make sure it closes in the reverse side.. that is how the controller knows to switch to reverse
Old 04-08-2023, 12:31 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If I remember correctly the DCS forward and reverse switches were different part numbers.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 01:23 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Correct.. Reverse switch for a 97 is 73195G01 but expensive. If it needs replacing just change the entire unit out to a DPDT switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0028.jpeg (93.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO