lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
mopar92
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 EZGO starting up help

Sheaves are not worn, i got it better by wrapping the ball links in teflon tape just for an experiment. It helped... still takes too much throttle to have it fire up and low speed/idle around is tough, you gotta play with the throttle. Which linkage allows for it to have fire at a certain gas pedal setting? That's where it's at... when it's lit, she purrs great, it's just taking too many rpms/gas pedal throw to stay "lit" on the auto kill on the pedal..
mopar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2009, 01:07 AM   #12
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

You need to adjust the throttle linkage and the governor. Look at this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html in particular what "milo" says about the pedal being touchy. You can also refer to this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html download the manual called: Technician's repair and service manual Look through the manual and while I know it is for a 4 cycle the throttle and governor adjustment concept is practically the same. It sounds to me like your governor is too tight. It is possibly throwing the throttle open too quickly. I do not know what else to tell you short of looking at it myself which if you got the money I got the time LOL.
Good luck!!
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #13
mopar92
Gone Wild

I see that my plastic ball end links are worn pretty good... I think I need to deslack the linkages first. I only see the 2 links up by the carb, and one down by the lower flywheel.. Thanks!!
Old 08-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #14
mopar92
Gone Wild

I am not trying to go faster, I am trying to learn what makes it cut the ignition when the throttle is still 1/4 open I am guessing.... I am mechanically inclined, I just don't know this setup yet.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #15
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar92 View Post
I am not trying to go faster, I am trying to learn what makes it cut the ignition when the throttle is still 1/4 open I am guessing.... I am mechanically inclined, I just don't know this setup yet.
I guess my reply didn't post so here goes again.
I am new to EZGO but I noticed that on my 83 that there is a micro switch connected to the throttle. Is it possible that this switch on your cart is out of adjustment ? It seems to me that if it were, you would be applying to much gas before the switch activates to start the engine and also, it would shut down the engine at a wider open throttle setting than required. If this is the case; check for the relationship between the throttle butterfly and the switch as you press on the gas pedal (engine off). If I am correct, as the butterfly begins to open you should hear the switch click. On my cart, the switch is located low down in the engine bay just below the forward / reverse lever and has a threaded adjuster.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #16
mopar92
Gone Wild

Thanks
Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #17
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

chris is correct about hearing the click. adjusting the governor and throttle to factory specs like in the service manual should correct this. sounds like someone tried to make it go faster and got it out of whack
Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #18
mopar92
Gone Wild

I found that all of the ball links are very worn out, lots of slop. Also, the rear end gov. cable looks lose..
Old 08-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #19
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

if I remember correctly the governor cable will appear a bit loose. what you are after is as you press the pedal approx 1/2 " the microswitch will click energizing the ignition circuit. the throttle will stay closed until this hapens and as you press further the throttle slowly opens to the wide open point. this is why proper adjustment is critical. normal ground speed should be around 12-18 mph.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #20
mopar92
Gone Wild

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO