lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
LOLIFE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Newbie question..Oil light...

Hello all..........Ive been checking this place out for the last week....alot of good info here...I have searched more than anything....anyway..I bought my first cart a 2007 sport st 2+2.......first question......The oil light is flickering on and off....more on than off........I changed the oil and cleaned the filter...and it has not changed...the cart runs fine....What do I need to check next.....Do I have a faulty light or communication......or is the motor not getting enogh oil...Do these things have an oil pump..? is there a way to check it?.....Thanks for any help............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00556.jpg (57.8 KB, 2 views)
LOLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
LOLIFE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie question..Oil light...

anybody know what motor is in this thing?.....
Old 08-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
LOLIFE
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Fixed..found The wire running to the sending unit grounded to metal...as the cart ran it would vibrate and flicr.....I feel so much better now.............
Old 08-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Texas Boy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

check the timing chain cover for label... should tell you what motor you have. u can also look right by the top of the dip stick, and it will say EH29 or EH35 and EH29 means 295CC & the EH35 means 350CC
Texas Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello Lolife,

I'm not so familiar with golfcarts, only the 2 cylinder EH35 i know very well.

As i read somewhere in the forum and remember it well, it is a EH29 2 cylinder 4 stroke from Subaru / Robin or a one cylinder 390 Kawasaki 4 stroke.

The Subaru has a trochoideoilpump (Pressurelubrication) situated above the ignition behind a plate.
The Kawasaki hasn't.
It has a piece of metal like a finger at the bottom of the rod which splatters through the oil.(Splashlubrication)
It is the same system as in Honda GX, Yamaha and Robin engines with one cylinder.
This finger is the reason why these engines can not go ahead say 5600 revs without breaking apart.
In racecarts they build in a different oilsystem with extra oilchannels and so on

Our Subaru does 8500 and more with its basic oilsystem, onley bigger ports to get the oil back from the head to the cranckcase.

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO