lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
gwbrehm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Mystery Wire

I just picked up a 2002 Workhorse in desperate need of some TLC. Presently it will not run without some ether and it appears the carb is totally gummed up. The problem I'm having is there is a red wire coming out of the wiring harness leading up to the electronics area that is unattached. Disconnected the motor won't turn over but if I connect it to the battery and press the gas pedal it turns over. I'm guessing it attaches somewhere to the solenoid so it will work off the key instead off staying on all the time. I haven't had any luck finding a wiring diagram. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
gwbrehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Mystery Wire

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/man...559-g01-gb.pdf

This may help But RUredy is the man some one will help
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

There's only a few red wires I can think of right off that might be the one, there's one with a white stripe that runs to the switch to the solenoid I believe. there's one that goes on the fuse block, there's one that goes on the coil.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
gwbrehm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info, the link DOOmsman provided had a diagram that showed the wire with a fuse going to the Positive battery lead on the solenoid. Every other diagram I found showed the wires but not the connections. Thanks for the info/assist. Now to either rebuild or replace the carb.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:28 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbrehm View Post
I just picked up a 2002 Workhorse in desperate need of some TLC. Presently it will not run without some ether and it appears the carb is totally gummed up. The problem I'm having is there is a red wire coming out of the wiring harness leading up to the electronics area that is unattached. Disconnected the motor won't turn over but if I connect it to the battery and press the gas pedal it turns over. I'm guessing it attaches somewhere to the solenoid so it will work off the key instead off staying on all the time. I haven't had any luck finding a wiring diagram. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
What / where electronics area? Can you be more specific for us dummies?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #6
gwbrehm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I guess that wasn't a lot of info, sorry. It comes out of the cable that goes to the left front corner of the engine compartment where the Solenoid, Ignitor, regulator are located. From what I saw on the diagram DOOmsman provided it goes on the solenoid. The diagram was for a different model but I assume they are wired basically the same.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

A great many of them are basically the same, there's manuals in the tech section and a lot of useful info. good luck with your new cart.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

THere is a red wire from the peddle micro switch to the F&R micro ? That would stop the cart from running/ starting if disconnected?

More likely it is the red wire going to the ignition coil according to the diagram it connects on terminal D of solenoid with the ORange/ White and the Blue. Hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
gwbrehm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Another quick question about carbs, Is there a difference between a 72558G01 and a 72558G05 carb. besides price?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

THere are different jet sizes in the 295 and 350 carb but body is basically the same..... If you need a carb Check out the sale section here at BGW I saw HD had a like new carb for $50 ..... Heck I want that for a used one
I assume your 02 350cc motor is pre-MCI?
THere are some aftermarket carb available too if you have to have it NEW?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO