lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
duanesz
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 295 wont run rite after rebuild

My dad and I just rebuilt his 2001 295 engine. When he got it it had 110lbs in one cyl and 145lbs in the other. After the rebuild we now have 165lbs on both. The problem we are having is it dont run good at slow speeds it kind of sputters and backfires a little then takes off fast. It runs good as long as you have it to the floor as soon as you let off the gas and try to slow down to like a crawl it sputters and wont run good.

Do I have to adjust the valves again? I saw a couple of post on that but have not tried it yet. I lashed them at .004 and have only run it like 20-30 min since rebuild.

Also whats the procedure for adjusting the throttle cable my dad messed around with the nut and spring on the governor.

Thanks
Duane
duanesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 295 wont run rite after rebuild

check out the tech section under ezgo gas. you'll find the governor adjustment info.
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 2001 295 wont run rite after rebuild

Readjust your valves to .004 just to be sure, Double check your timing marks are aligned properly.
Pushing the pedal enough to start it and then manually operating the carb throttle plate by hand will tell you if you have a gov. adjust issue or possible dirty carb or carb adjustment problem.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO