lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
fuzzyhd
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation stop switch g1

Ok my cart is done. I'll post some pics later. Still have one problem. When running trying to go slow my cart does this di di di didi di. its only when i'm just barely pressing the pedal. just wondering if it could be the stop switch or something else.
fuzzyhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: stop switch g1

it seems to be a pretty common thing that the butterfly is not adjusted right....check that first. Its the small threaded rod on the passenger side of the carb
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
fuzzyhd
Not Yet Wild

thanks sounds easy enough. Ill check it out friday.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

And make sure the carb is sitting straight up/down not twisted in the intake. Should be able to press pedal and it will idle slow without cart moving, only after that should you press more and carb start to open.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
fuzzyhd
Not Yet Wild

The carb idle is fine. just that cutting in and out power wise at low speed. kinda annoying.lol.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Usually the throttle is on part way, and people touch the pedal and let off because it goes too fast pedal on with throttle open. Its like turning the key on and off. If it stays running but surging, I would clean carb and look for leaks in intake and airbox areas. It could also be the crank seals going they will leak oil, you can spray them with wd40 or something to test them see if it runs different for a moment. Usually takes choke to start them with bad seals.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
fuzzyhd
Not Yet Wild

Sweet. Ill check it out i posted my build int the lifted carts area if yall wanna check it out
Old 05-02-2011, 06:11 AM   #8
fuzzyhd
Not Yet Wild

It was the butterfly. but it did take the top speed way down. Now the carb doesnt open all the way. is there another adjustment i can do to get the carb open. it seems there is not enough travel on the rod.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can adjust the linkage rods on most of them by screwing it in/out of the ends. Sometimes people move the pedal to make it closer to the floor, you can take it off and move it up a spline for more travel. When I do them I leave and inch of travel at top of pedal for idle, I can always get WOT on the floor. These carts are old hard to say what people did to them, what they adjusted/etc.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #10
fuzzyhd
Not Yet Wild

cool. I'll give it a try. thanks for the info.

Tags
yamaha g1 gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha