lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
princ3cmo
Not Yet Wild

Default Doing My Sound System Today Need Help

I have a 36v ez go golf cart. I plan on running 4 boston acoustic sr65, and one Kicker L7 8 inch woofer. I am leaning towards pushing all of it off an Alpine PDX 5 channel amp due to its compact size. The amp has 2 30 amp fuses. So im guessing 60 amps max pull at full tilt. all running off a pioneer headunit (single din).

My question is should i go with a voltage reducer, extra 12v battery, or what?
Im going to buy what I need today so all suggestions are welcome!
I've also heard of running 2 wheelchair batteries but i'm not sure.
Want the option that will feed my amp the best power and give me the longest playing time possible (although, I know this wont be TOO long)

Please help!
princ3cmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
Marsharo
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Doing My Sound System Today Need Help

Whats the budget? pulling that kind of power of a set of batteries doesn't seem like a good idea. A reducer or 12v batt are the 2 most common methods i have read on here. Personally I added a 12v batt to run all my 12v stuff and ran some copper studs through the kicker pannel to hook u pa charger to it when needed. If the money is no issue, a solar panel on the deck will continuously recharge the battery and will improve your playtime; by how much I am not sure.
Marsharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
THUNDERBASES
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I parallel two 12 volt 18 amp/hr. computer ups batteries. They are compact and provide plenty of power. I run a sony receiver,two sony 3 way 5.25 in the front, two kicker 6.5 component speakers be hind the seat and a kicker
8" sub and a 400 watt 2 channel amp. I built a custom box for the kickers behind the seat and mounted the amp under the back seat. The sub is in a box in the bag well. Good luck to you. The batteries are on the drivers side in the battery compartment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0613001912.jpg (147.2 KB, 16 views)
THUNDERBASES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
princ3cmo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsharo View Post
Whats the budget? pulling that kind of power of a set of batteries doesn't seem like a good idea. A reducer or 12v batt are the 2 most common methods i have read on here. Personally I added a 12v batt to run all my 12v stuff and ran some copper studs through the kicker pannel to hook u pa charger to it when needed. If the money is no issue, a solar panel on the deck will continuously recharge the battery and will improve your playtime; by how much I am not sure.
that solar panel is very expensive lol I may try the 2 small 12 volt batteries mentioned. could those be hooked up to the pa charger? or how would i go about charging those?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
princ3cmo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERBASES View Post
I parallel two 12 volt 18 amp/hr. computer ups batteries. They are compact and provide plenty of power. I run a sony receiver,two sony 3 way 5.25 in the front, two kicker 6.5 component speakers be hind the seat and a kicker
8" sub and a 400 watt 2 channel amp. I built a custom box for the kickers behind the seat and mounted the amp under the back seat. The sub is in a box in the bag well. Good luck to you. The batteries are on the drivers side in the battery compartment.
yea i did some searching and saw your post. sounds like what i'd like to do. How do i charge those? the pa charger mentioned before? or how?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
princ3cmo
Not Yet Wild

also, how would running 2 of those small batteries mentioned compare to running one big 12v battery (i was suggested an optima blue top)

should I just refer to the Amp hour rating to tell what kind of power and playing time they will have? or does that always matter?
Old 07-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
THUNDERBASES
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I charge them with a regular 12 volt charger. The batteries are alot smaller and weigh alot less than the optima battery. When paralleled you get 12 volts and 18 amp/hr. for an extended time. I built a beach radio last summer out of sound system on golf cart and ran the same two batteries. It lasted about 5 or 6 hrs.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #8
THUNDERBASES
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The batteries I use are EverOn EVA12-18NB 12v 18Ah AGM Sealed Non-Spillable Battery. Google the batteries and you can get the demensions. I think the batteries are used as a back up power supply on alarm systems also. Good luck to you. Also post some pics. of your install. Pictures are great.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I vote for one DEEP CYCLE Marine battery, it will do everything you need to do for under 100 bucks and fits nicely under your seat. Check Harbor Freight for a cheap solar charger.

I think Optima's are over priced and a little over rated. I run your standard Academy Sports/West Marine batteries in my boat and have never had any problems, my buddy runs 4 Optima's and is always having trouble with at least one of them.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO