lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Is G9 wiring incomplete in stickies

I was trying to help someone recently with a G9 wiring problem and I noticed a possible problem with the G9 wiring diagram from the stickies !! I could not find how the R/W wire gets from the accelerator stop sw. #11 to the starter relay (solenoid) #7 (or maybe it doesn't). I think there may be a wire missing from the diagram (a r/w wire). Can anyone confirm this ?? If the sticky wiring diagram is ok, maybe someone can help me out to understand the start circuit for a G9. Thanks - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Is G9 wiring incomplete in stickies

it's there, start at the left #11 is the start switch, the r/w is on the top, it T's off to go to the start relay and the igniter,

http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/dow...maha%20G9A.pdf
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Is G9 wiring incomplete in stickies

I don't have a G9 to confirm this, but bigstik40 is correct. The Cunningham diagram does not show a connection from #11 to #7 (r/w wire). I printed out the diagram from the factory manual and it shows the wire from the accelerator stop switch going to:

solenoid relay (for the s/g)
s/g field winding
voltage regulator
ignition coil
ignitor

The wire to the solenoid is red, all others are r/w. The diagram does not indicate where these splices are.
Errors have been found in the factory diagrams as well, so this would have to be confirmed by tracing the wiring in an actual buggy.
Check the "G2 to G9 manual needed" thread and get the factory manual if you are working on these much, that should be the most accurate info.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha