lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Easier way to reconnect light switch?

I sent my cart in to get new batteries. I also told the guy that my light switch wasn't acting right. He just called and said that when I had spun the light knob around so much, trying to get the lights off, it totally disconnected both wires to the switch.
He said that he just can't get his hands up in there to reconnect them. So he has to take alot of stuff off......the windshield, the roof, the front hood, etc. and then order new whatchamacallits to put all that stuff back on. (rivets?)
I don't know much at all, but I got to thinking. Could he just pull out the switch from the dash and somehow thread new wires through there??
I don't know much, but my mind never stops.
I don't want to call him back and ask, since he's probably working hard on my cart and I don't want to bother him with a stupid idea. So I thought I'd bother you guys instead!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Easier way to reconnect light switch?

I have never, never ... NEVER had to remove the roof to access a light switch, PERIOD. Call the guy and tell him to either put a $5 switch in someplace he can reach (with his extremely short fat arms) in less than 1 hour shop time or leave it alone
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well......I suggested that to him just now and he said that the light wiring comes out of a harness with some other stuff and said it would take him more time to do it that way, since he'd have to rewire things. He seems like a very honest guy, so I guess I just have to trust him.
I bought this cart from him last year. He modified it and I wonder if he rewired some things in an unconventional way? Or at least a way that made sense to him.
But it does seem curious to me that a problem with the light switch would be so complicated to fix. When I don't know much about things, I'm at the mercy of those around me to who appear to know more......which is a drag at times!
I'm thinking the way he chose to wire things last year didn't take into count on me screwing up the light wires.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Pop the cupholders. Enough room you can get both hands and arms in there.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Pop the cupholders. Enough room you can get both hands and arms in there.
thats what I did... when I hooked mine up unconventionally of course I ran my own wires/switch and abandoned that horror show of a harness. oh and Colton, I used a razor knife to cut the slot in the dash my new switch fits in to with no visits to the emergency room
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I called him and suggested the cup holder. He didn't think he could reach the wires he needed to, but said he'd give it a try. Thanks for that suggestion.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea he's always trying argue about somebody's post. He does it in every thread. Even to Scotty but oh well. I like my razor knife!

Good luck with the fat armed guy working on your cart. Maybe he has to pull the motor to do it too
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I gotta go ~ I have to replace some brake shoes. There's only 4 hours left in the day and I don't know if I can get it done with having to remove the roof & rear seat to access them
Old 09-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #9
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, he's not fat at all and his arms aren't short. He's an honest person, of this I am certain (because of past dealings). Sometimes he might have his own reasons for doing things a certain way, but its not out of being dishonest or trying to screw me over. I feel the need to defend him, even if he did something backwards.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's okay... If you feel he's honest than he is.
We are just having fun at his expense because we don't know who he is and he can't defend himself.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a tunnel to finish digging to change the oil in my cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO